Subject: [edu-team] Re: Editors Training

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:48:14 -0400

At 07:29 PM 7/24/2003 -0700, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>>Harald, have you heard back about the edu-team and edu-discuss
>>mailing lists?  It will be better when those lists are available
>>to discuss these types of things...
>
>just saw the note from the secretariat saying they're operational.
>please subscribe me to both!

Done!  And I've also added the education team mailing list to
this message.  The only people on it so far are you, me and
Avri, but this way our discussion will be archived.

>>Actually, I've been thinking...
>>
>>Maybe we could run newcomers training and editors training side-by-
>>side, and then attempt to funnel both groups of people into the
>>security tutorial (which I hope that Radia will teach again).
>>I don't think that there is a big overlap between folks who'd
>>attend newbie training and folks who'd attend editors training,
>>but both groups could use the security information.
>
>Makes sense to me, and certainly avoids increasing the training footprint 
>on Sunday!

It avoids increasing the time footprint, but does increase the
space footprint.  If others agree with this idea, I'll need to
check with Marcia to see if we have space.

>>Do you think there is something wrong with the idea that we'd
>>eventually have a contiguous (perhaps even multi-track) training
>>effort on Sunday afternoons?  Because I was thinking that we
>>might do other orientation-type training on Sundays (such as
>>a session for non-North Americans), and that we might leverage
>>the social as a tool for buddy/mentor programs...
>>
>>I know that I'm already double booked for Sunday in Minneapolis
>>(ISOC BOT and IESG), but I don't think that is true of most
>>people.  I think that Sunday afternoon is generally a good
>>time for these types of efforts.
>
>Sunday's also traditional for IEPG

IEPG?

>had RSSAC in Vienna,

RSSAC?

>and has been used for other meetings (ISOC BoT is a relative newcomer to 
>the jostling for Sunday space).
>The overlap with IESG worries me because of availability of teachers AND 
>the availability of the sessions to IESG - watching is good, I liked 
>sitting in on the 2 WG Chairs' training sessions in Vienna.

What time does the IESG meet on Sundays?

Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:04:40 +0900

On lördag, jul 26, 2003, at 07:48 Asia/Seoul, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

i think sundays are a good idea as well.
lunches get pretty hectic.

> IEPG?

internet engineering and planning group
http://www.isc.org/iepg/docs/IEPG-Charter.html

they meet from 10.00 on the sundays before meetings.
sometimes very  interesting.

> RSSAC?

root server system advisory

http://www.icann.org/committees/dns-root/

never been to one of their meetings.

> a.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 07:10:26 -0700

>> Sunday's also traditional for IEPG

Internet Engineering and Planning Group - used to be an important meeting 
place for operators globally; is now mostly a gathering of old hands to 
chat, I think. Never managed to attend.
> RSSAC?

ICANN Root Server Advisory Committee. Rob Austein is on it as IETF 
representative.
> What time does the IESG meet on Sundays?

In Vienna, we did 1000-1400. We've sometimes started at 9.

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:59:19 -0400

>>RSSAC?

Given your and Avri's explanations, it doesn't sound like it
would be a problem to overlap with either of these.

>In Vienna, we did 1000-1400. We've sometimes started at 9.

Well, we can probably run trainings in the afternoon, then,
with any classes that the IESG needs to teach/attend scheduled
between 2pm and 5pm.

Margaret