Subject: [edu-team] Dinner locale

From: Susan Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:45:06 -0500 (EST)

Not to bug you or anything, but have we decided on a spot for dinner
tomorrow?
Thanks ...

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:53:09 -0800

I believe no time and location have been given. Do we really want to do 
this?
Dinner is scheduled awfully late as it is (in both senses...I'm afraid 8 
PM will
wind up more like 8:30 or 9 PM before people get back from the reception or
we time out on people that don't show up; and at this point it might be hard
to schedule and make sure everyone sees the email saying the time and 
place).

I suspect the people going to the reception would find it more relaxing 
(given
that the reception is a metro ride away) not to have to watch the clock,
and rush off somewhere else.

So maybe we should just forget about dinner tonight?

Radia

---

From: Susan Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:00:47 -0500 (EST)

> So maybe we should just forget about dinner tonight?

That would be my inclination too.  I get hungry early :)

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:15:00 -0800

Me too.

   jak

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:36:49 -0500

while I have no issue with later dinners, I understand that people want 
to eat earlier.  For those attending the chairs event, they will 
probably still want dinner.

We could just meet in the bar later for an informal  'meeting'.

a.