Subject: Re: [edu-team] Get Together in D.C.?

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:00:20 -0500

Hi All,

Based on the public & private responses I've received, it looks like 
we will get the best turn-out on Thursday.  So, let's do dinner then 
-- Thursday, the 11th.  Maybe we can make Thursday EDU Team dinners a 
tradition!

Let's meet at the IETF registration desk at 5:45pm (which leaves us 
15 minutes after the last session to drop off laptops and pick up 
coats).  I'll make a reservation somewhere (I know a few great 
restaurants in D.C., I just have to figure out where they are in 
relation to the hotel), and we will go from there.

There is no plenary that evening, so we will have less time-pressure 
than last time.

See you all in D.C.!

Margaret

At 7:44 AM -0400 10/29/04, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I really enjoyed our last EDU Team dinner, and I think that a lot of 
>good ideas came out of it.  So, I'd love to do it again!  The only 
>sad part was that some of us could not make it, so I thought I'd 
>plan earlier this time...
>
>I'm currently free for dinner on Monday and Thursday evenings of the 
>D.C. IETF.
>
>Would either of those evenings work for the rest of you?
>
>Margaret
>
>_______________________________________________
>edu-team mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:55:08 +0800

I am sorry that I have to miss this IETF. Day work forbids me to attend 
this IETF. But enjoy your dinner and pls remember to send your slides 
to me so I can put them up on the website :-)

-James Seng

On 29-Oct-04, at PM 07:44, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> good ideas came out of it.  So, I'd love to do it again!  The only sad 
> part was that some of us could not make it, so I thought I'd plan 
> earlier this time...
>

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 06:54:53 -0500

HI All,

Do you think it would be possible to move this dinner to a later 
time, perhaps 7:00pm or 7:30pm?

The hotel has offered to host a reception for the IESG/IAB and WG 
chairs, and current thinking seems to be that the reception will 
happen after the sessions on Thursday.  Several of us would be 
invited to attend that reception, and I don't want to force people to 
miss it.  So, perhaps we could do dinner afterwards?

Please let me know if this will cause a problem for anyone.

Margaret

At 3:00 PM -0500 11/1/04, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
>-- Thursday, the 11th.  Maybe we can make Thursday EDU Team dinners 
>a tradition!
>
>>I really enjoyed our last EDU Team dinner, and I think that a lot 
>>of good ideas came out of it.  So, I'd love to do it again!  The 
>>only sad part was that some of us could not make it, so I thought 
>>I'd plan earlier this time...
>>
>>I'm currently free for dinner on Monday and Thursday evenings of 
>>the D.C. IETF.
>>

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 06:54:11 -0600

Hi, Margaret,

Telling the IESG/IAB/WG chairs that we'd love to mix with them but we 
have to go to dinner instead is probably the WAY wrong message :-) - 
especially if the EDU team members who qualify can ask for feedback on 
any of the training that these guys/gals may have attended.

Let us know where to catch up with you afterwards.

Spencer

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Margaret Wasserman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 5:54 AM
Subject: Re: [edu-team] Get Together in D.C.?

> invited to attend that reception, and I don't want to force people 
> to miss it.  So, perhaps we could do dinner afterwards?
>
>>we will get the best turn-out on Thursday.  So, let's do dinner 
>>then -- Thursday, the 11th.  Maybe we can make Thursday EDU Team 
>>dinners a tradition!
>>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:21:39 -0500

Hi,

Even though no longer a WG chair, and hence not one of those attending 
the reception, I am fine with moving the dinner.  But will 7:30 be late 
enough for those attending the reception?

a.

On 4 nov 2004, at 06.54, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

>
> HI All,
>
> Do you think it would be possible to move this dinner to a later time, 
> perhaps 7:00pm or 7:30pm?
>
> happen after the sessions on Thursday.  Several of us would be invited 
> to attend that reception, and I don't want to force people to miss it. 
>  So, perhaps we could do dinner afterwards?
>

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:02:34 -0800

Given that we don't need to get back in time for anything on Thursday, 
it seems fine to
move the dinner to later. I think we should set a time, like 7:30, and 
stick to it,
so the people that aren't going to the reception don't have to wait 
around for
an indeterminate amount of time.

Perhaps say we are meeting at 7:30, and by 7:35, we all start walking to 
whatever
restaurant we are going to.

Radia

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:30:50 -0500

Right.

I didn't mean to set a vague meeting time of 7:00pm to 7:30pm.  I am 
still waiting for Harald to announce the actual schedule for the 
reception, after which we can nail down a firm meeting time.

Margaret

At 10:02 AM -0800 11/4/04, Radia Perlman wrote:
>Given that we don't need to get back in time for anything on 
>Thursday, it seems fine to
>move the dinner to later. I think we should set a time, like 7:30, 
>and stick to it,
>so the people that aren't going to the reception don't have to wait around for
>Perhaps say we are meeting at 7:30, and by 7:35, we all start 
>walking to whatever

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:07:34 +0100

> reception, after which we can nail down a firm meeting time.

if this "reception" behaves normally, it will peter out rather than ending 
on a sharp deadline... and if it successful, people will be talking 
intensely enough that they won't notice a deadline anyway.... if we can 
nail the restaurant name/address  ahead of time, that gives the opportunity 
for laggards to catch up.....

---

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:48:38 -0500

>reception, after which we can nail down a firm meeting time.

He has done so. It's from 6 to 8 in a different hotel.

And the EDU dinner will be.... ?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:18:42 -0500

Sorry, I'm not up-to-date on the wgchairs list, so I didn't see 
Harald's message...

Would it work for folks if I make a reservation for 8:00pm at a 
nearby restaurant and we meet there?  The folks who are going from 
the WG Chairs thing could clump together and go from there, and the 
other folks could clump together and go from here.

Does that make sense?

If so, I'll make a reservation and let you know the name and address 
of the restaurant.

BTW, any dietary restrictions?  Preferences?

Margaret

At 2:48 PM -0500 11/9/04, Paul Hoffman / VPNC wrote:
>>I didn't mean to set a vague meeting time of 7:00pm to 7:30pm.  I 
>>am still waiting for Harald to announce the actual schedule for the

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:34:19 +0100

Margaret,

Works for me. And as long as it's not a steak house I'm easy :)

Mirjam

At 04:18 PM 11/9/2004 -0500, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

>Sorry, I'm not up-to-date on the wgchairs list, so I didn't see Harald's 
>message...
>
>Would it work for folks if I make a reservation for 8:00pm at a nearby 
>restaurant and we meet there?  The folks who are going from the WG Chairs 
>thing could clump together and go from there, and the other folks could 
>clump together and go from here.
>
>Does that make sense?
>
>If so, I'll make a reservation and let you know the name and address of 
>the restaurant.
>