Subject: [edu-team] Ever HAD a coach? ever WANTED a coach? ever THOUGHT ABOUT a coach?

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:18:32 -0600

Dear EDU team,

Some of you know part of this story, others not, but please indulge 
me.

The EDU team was contacted early this year by Ed Levinson, a guy who 
has previously chaired an IETF working group, and more recently has 
been working as a coach professionally. He's interested in helping the 
IETF using these new skills (he also attends technical sessions, IIRC 
in the APPS area), and Margaret asked me to meet with him in San 
Diego. I did, and have chatted with him a couple of times more 
recently (including at about midnight on Thursday in DC).

I drew the short straw on this because one thought was that this could 
be helpful for working group chairs (I've done the intro training for 
working group chairs a couple of times).

It's becoming very obvious to me that I have no idea what coaches do, 
which would be fine, but I've already tripped over three or four EDU 
team members who have been coached previously, and I'm thinking that 
someone who would recognize a good coach, or more importantly a 
really, really BAD coach, would be a better fit to be working with Ed.

Any thoughts? Any volunteers?

Thanks,

Spencer 

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team