Subject: [edu-team] Employment Change

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:06:41 -0400

Hi All,

Just FYI --

I have decided to end my full-time employment at ThingMagic as of June 30th.

This was not an easy decision for me to make, but working as a VP at 
a start-up company in an emerging technology market is a _huge_ time 
commitment, as is my IETF/ISOC work and taking proper care of my 
family.  I found myself with too many major commitments and an 
inability to deliver on any of them as well as I would like, so I 
have decided to drop the one that is least important to me.  Yes, I 
am dropping the only one that pays money, but I have been fortunate 
enough throughout my career that making money isn't really a priority 
for me right now.

My parting with ThingMagic has been _very_ amicable, and I am 
planning to consult with them part-time after my departure.  My major 
career objective at this point is to take some time off.  Maybe I'll 
write a book...

ThingMagic has offered to continue providing my e-mail service 
indefinitely (probably until I find another employer), so there is no 
reason to change contact information yet.  If my ThingMagic e-mail 
address stops working for any reason, you can always try 
[email-masked].

I don't have another employer lined up yet, although I do have a 
couple of prospects.  If you know of any companies that might like to 
sponsor my IETF activities that could benefit from my other skills (I 
am a pretty good networking software architect and embedded systems 
programmer), please let me know.

Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team