Subject: [edu-team] My Notes from our conference call

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:00:41 -0500

I heard Avri. Radia. Margaret, Brian, Bob, Sue, Thomas, Ray,

Do we need/can we support six tutorials at each IETF?

- Rooms aren't separately budgeted, but we do get estimates for EDU 
expenses.
- We can't go later. Can we start earlier?
- Knowing how many rooms we will need helps us avoid extortionate pricing at 
the last minute.
- Can we add a room in Vancouver? Probably not a financial issue.
- Hotel contract hasn't been signed for IETF 65 yet, so this would be a good 
time to know what we want...
- RFC Editor would like to be at every IETF.
- Some classes tend to trail off when we offer them every IETF without a 
break.
- Need to know if classes are valuable, and people are willing to give them, 
with a small audience.
- Move off Sunday afternoons? Not a great time slot anyway, people don't 
think about tutorials until they pick up agendas.
- After the reception? People would be tired...
- We will ask for six classes beginning with IETF 65, including the RFC 
Editor slot.

Signup sheet for EDU classes?
- What is the purpose of knowing who attends? Just knowing who comes to WG 
chairs training and if they are WG chairs, etc.
- We could ask in the tutorial, we could count heads... other uses 
(suggestions, evaluations)
- Add this information to post-meeting survey? could be useful.

MPLS/GMPLS Tutorial
- Suggested for IETF 65 or 66
- We do ask to review new tutorials.

Other tutorials?
- Geoff/Pekka on multi-addressing?
- XML?
- Telephony stuff? but isn't this 10 tutorials?
- Tutorials or workshops? identifiers and telephony have ongoing work now
- New Work? has been dangling for a while. David Kessens has an action to 
write this up from an IESG perspective, Thomas is now involved. A lot of 
this is sociology, but we need to bring in other people. Even the mechanics 
would be helpful.

Working Group Chairs lunch?
- Tools?
- We had the legal maximum number of attendees in Paris, and it's been 
happening a lot. We turned away IESG members at the last meeting.
- Some material in Leadership class would also be good for the WG chairs 
lunch with a more experienced audience.
- Changes in administration (when they are more nailed down).
- Where is the change in shepharding now? Being done in every area, but not 
in every working group. Could be giving feedback (as with the DISCUSS 
presentation at IETF 63).

Comments on Standards Wire to Mirjam as soon as we can, so it can go out.

Radia will not be able to attend the next IETF - Charlie Kaufman to 
substitute in Security tutorial with slightly different presentation? Just 
ask him to send out the updated presentation for review.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team