Subject: [edu-team] EDU Security Tutorial

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:42:06 -0400

Hi Russ, Sam and Tim,

The EDU Team needs to make a decision very soon about what we will be  
presenting in our remaining class slot on the Sunday of IETF 70 in  
November.

One of the options we have discussed is presenting an updated version  
of the Security Tutorial. This tutorial was last given in March of  
2007 by Radia Perlman (cc:ed above as part of the EDU Team), and the  
slides can be found here:

http://edu.ietf.org/download/67/ietfsectutmarch2007.pdf

If we do not update the security tutorial for IETF 70, we will  
probably do it for IETF 71.

Could you make suggestions about how/if  this tutorial could or  
should be updated before it is presented again?  Are there any timely  
issues in the security area that should be covered, or covered in  
more depth?  Do you have any thoughts on whether it makes more sense  
to do it now or for IETF 71?

Depending on what updates are desired, we could ask Radia if she  
would be willing to present this tutorial again.  However, we have  
sometimes found that it can be valuable to have someone new update  
and present our technical tutorials, so that the new presenter can  
reflect his/her main areas of expertise into an evolving tutorial.

Is there someone that you would suggest as a new presenter for this  
tutorial, either with Radia (if that is okay with Radia) or alone?   
They need to be available to present a class on Sunday afternoon, and  
they need to have the cycles to update this class by the IETF 70  
draft deadline and reflect any review feedback from the EDU Team  
before the IETF meeting.  One of you would be great, of course, if  
your IETF 70 meeting schedule and pre-IETF schedule will allow.

We need to work out all of these details within the next couple of  
weeks if we want to present an updated security tutorial for IETF 70.

Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team