Subject: [edu-team] Not Coming to Vancouver

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:29:50 -0500

Hi All,

I am not going to be able to make it to Vancouver, so I need to find  
people to cover my EDU Team responsibilities during the meeting.

I'm about 30 weeks pregnant, and I had some tests done last week that  
indicated that I may deliver the baby earlier than expected.  My  
doctor did another test today, and I'm going in for more tests  
tomorrow and next week.  It is still quite likely that the pregnancy  
will go to full term (another couple of months), but it doesn't make  
sense for me to travel to Vancouver right now.

I am currently scheduled to teach the Document Lifecycle Class with  
Alice on Sunday.  I am also expected to M.C. the WG Chairs training  
session during lunch on Wednesday, although I'm not going to be  
presenting anything there.  So, I need to find other people to do  
those two things.

For the Document Lifecycle class, Alice and I are in the process of  
putting together slides.  Hers are complete, and I should be able to  
finish my slides in the next day or so.  We'd need someone who is  
very familiar with the IETF side of the document lifecycle (like a  
former IESG member or frequent document shepherd?) who is willing to  
present the class with Alice and who will be in Vancouver and  
available on Sunday afternoon.  Ideally, we'd like to have a call  
with the stuckee later this week to review the material.  I thought  
about Thomas or Brian C., but it doesn't look like either of them  
will be available.  Maybe Fred Baker?  Or Ralph Droms?  Other ideas?   
If we can't find anyone, Alice could present this class alone (using  
our combined set of slides), but it would be stronger with someone  
who is very familiar with the IETF side of the process.

Russ, perhaps you could M.C. the WG chairs session if you will be  
there?  It mainly involves introducing the speakers, monitoring time,  
and moderating the panel/round table discussion.

Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:43:05 +0100

i will be here, so let me know how you would like me to help.

a.

On 27 nov 2007, at 20.29, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

>
> Hi All,
>
> I am not going to be able to make it to Vancouver, so I need to  
> find people to cover my EDU Team responsibilities during the meeting.
>
> I'm about 30 weeks pregnant, and I had some tests done last week  
> that indicated that I may deliver the baby earlier than expected.   
> My doctor did another test today, and I'm going in for more tests  
> tomorrow and next week.  It is still quite likely that the  
> pregnancy will go to full term (another couple of months), but it  
> doesn't make sense for me to travel to Vancouver right now.
>
> putting together slides.  Hers are complete, and I should be able  
> to finish my slides in the next day or so.  We'd need someone who  
> is very familiar with the IETF side of the document lifecycle (like  
> a former IESG member or frequent document shepherd?) who is willing  
> to present the class with Alice and who will be in Vancouver and  
> will be available.  Maybe Fred Baker?  Or Ralph Droms?  Other  
> ideas?  If we can't find anyone, Alice could present this class  
> alone (using our combined set of slides), but it would be stronger  
> with someone who is very familiar with the IETF side of the process.
>
> there?  It mainly involves introducing the speakers, monitoring  
> time, and moderating the panel/round table discussion.
>
> Margaret
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:45:58 -0500

I will be there, and I'll be glad to help out.

Russ

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:46:46 -0500

Thanks, Russ!

Margaret