Subject: [edu-team] Ongoing WG Chairs Training in Vancouver

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:04:20 -0500

Hi All,

We will be having our usual WG Chairs Training lunch on Wednesday in  
Vancouver.  The topic will be "Operability and Manageability of IETF  
Protocols", and a full agenda (including a draft to read!) is  
included below.

This session will be held during the Wednesday lunch slot and lunch  
will be provided.  Please RSVP to [email-masked] by THIS THURSDAY,  
November 29th, if you plan to attend.  Also, please indicate if you  
have any special dietary needs.

Hope to see you all in Vancouver!

Margaret

---

Ongoing WG Chairs Training Lunch
Wednesday, December 5th
1130 - 1300, Location TBD
============================================

Operability and Manageability of IETF Protocols

Do you understand how the protocols under development in your WG will
be configured?  How will your protocols be monitored and managed?  Are
there potential operational concerns that may affect the deployability
or scalability of your protocols?

What criteria do the IESG use to evaluate the operability and
manageability of your protocols?  And how might those criteria evolve
in the future?

Agenda:

- Current IESG NM/OPS Review Criteria
   Presenter:  Dan Romascanu (10 min)

   A summary of the operations and management criteria that are
   currently being used to evaluate IETF protocols.

- Proposed Manageability & Operations Considerations
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harrington-operations
   -and-management-01.txt
   Presenter:  Dave Harrington (30 min)

   An opportunity for WG chairs to learn about and provide feedback on
   a document currently under discussion in the Operations Area WG
   (opsawg) regarding operability and manageability considerations for
   IETF protocols.

- Panel Discussion:  Looking Ahead (20 min)
   Panelists:  Dan Romascanu, David Harrington, Bert Wijnen, Ron
   Bonica, Loa Andersson, Dave Thaler

   What should our expectations be for the operability and
   manageability of IETF protocols in the future?

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team