Subject: [edu-team] XML Modeling with RelaxNG

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:50:08 -0400

Hi Everyone,

We had discussed having an XML Modeling with RelaxNG tutorial at the  
upcoming IETF in Dublin, but it doesn't appear to be listed in the  
online agenda.

Does it still make sense to hold this tutorial in the second training  
slot?

If so, I will:

- Confirm with Lada that the tutorial is on
- Let the OPS and APPS ADs know, so they can announce it to their areas

We might also want to send an announcement to IETF-Announce about the  
addition.  Thoughts?

We also need to reach a final agreement about what we'll be teaching  
at the WG chairs lunch.  Do we need a conference call to discuss  
that?  Or should we decide over e-mail?

Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 11:34:38 +1200

> Does it still make sense to hold this tutorial in the second training  

Yes, I assume this was just an oversight that it's not listed. There's
still plenty of time to add it imho.

> We might also want to send an announcement to IETF-Announce about the  

Well, ask the Secretariat to do so, sure.
> that?  Or should we decide over e-mail?

Can you remind us what the suggestions were?

    Brian

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:15:23 +0200

Brian,

> Can you remind us what the suggestions were?

so far we had discussed the following:

I.

- Russ' suggestion on how to handle IETF Last Call reviews.
  
Possibly adding some discussion of how to respond to Gen-ART reviews
too.

- Jim's suggestion on mailing list guidelines, maintenance, etc.

(They could possibly be combined into a single session, depending on
how in-depth we want to be.)

We could probably expand on Russ' idea and include a review
of all of the later document stages and what the shepherd is expected
to do, but that would probably take the whole slot.

II.

It may be time for a review of the whole PROTO process, but that
would need a complete lunch.

Mirjam

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:25:40 +1200

Thanks. Given that the lunches always seem too short,
IMHO, I and II seem like enough. III definitely seems
valuable, but needs careful preparation.

  Brian

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 14:55:52 +0200

Hi Brian, hi all,

If we all agree to use the WG lunch in Dublin for these
topics:

1. how to handle IETF Last Call reviews 
2. how to respond to Gen-ART reviews
3. guidelines for mailing list set-up and maintenance

I'll get back to Marcia so that she can announce this (unless you want
to do this, Margaret. I have never really been involved in the WG
lunches).

I can work with Jim on the last topic. Russ, do you want to prepare 
topic 1 and 2 or suggest someone else to present something? 

Mirjam

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:01:49 -0400

Hi Mirjam,

> 2. how to respond to Gen-ART reviews

I don't think these are two separate topics.  Gen-ART reviews are  
just one type of Last Call reviews and can be handled as part of  
topic one.

> to do this, Margaret. I have never really been involved in the WG

We (usually I, but you could do it this time if you like) announce  
the lunch on the wgchairs, bofchairs, iesg and edu-team lists, not  
Marcia.  We tell people to RSVP to [email-masked], and Marcia takes  
care of all of the logistics.

Margaret

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 16:04:33 -0400

>topic 1 and 2 or suggest someone else to present something?

1) Actually, the real point is that the review teams are just 
representatives from the community.  The comments from the review 
team are no different than the comments from anyone else -- all of 
them deserve a response, even if it it to say why they are incorrect 
or uninformed.

2) I'd like to see this topic a bit broader -- it should include all 
review teams and directorates.  I think that Mary Barnes would be 
ideal.  Sam Weiler would be my second choice.

3) Hopefully the spam situation will be better in hand by the time 
this session happens...

Russ

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 14:35:03 +0200

[see below]

> 3) Hopefully the spam situation will be better in hand by the time 

OK, understood. Thanks, Russ.

I'll contact Mary Barnes (will copy you, Russ). 

I'll also contact Jim Galvin about the mailing list topics.

Margaret, would you mind sending mail to all those lists you
mentioned? You might still have the templates from past announcements
(and people might not know who I am if I now send those mails instead
of you). Thanks!

Mirjam

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 09:19:36 -0400

Hi Mirjam,

I'd be happy to send the announcement.  Could you let me know when  
you've confirmed the speakers?  Will we have a round table or panel  
about either of these topics?  Or just two speakers with Q&A after each?

Margaret

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:29:20 +0200

Thanks, Margaret. 

Sure, I'll let you know. I had assumed we'd have two speakers 
with Q&A and discussion time after each. Any other suggestions?

Mirjam

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:13:17 -0400

> with Q&A and discussion time after each. Any other suggestions?

That sounds fine to me.  I just wanted to make sure we were in  
agreement on the agenda for the announcement.

Thanks for getting this all together!!

I should make the first announcement in mid-June if possible (about 6  
weeks before the IETF), so that we can get on peoples' calendars  
before the start booking other things.  We'll then send a reminder ~3  
weeks before the meeting, and a final reminder the day before the  
RSVP deadline (which is usually about a week before the lunch).

Margaret

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:50:58 +1200

draft-krishnan-review-process-00.txt just appeared:
"This document describes the IETF review process and provides
guidelines to draft authors and reviewers on how to effectively
participate in it."

I haven't had time to read it yet, but whoever does the
WG Chairs session should obviously have a look at it. There's also
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/draft-doria-genart-experience-01.txt
but I'm sure Mary Barnes will use that material.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter
   University of Auckland

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:30:19 +0200

Hi Margaret,

sending out the announcement in mid June should be possible. Jim
Galvin already confirmed. Now waiting for Mary Barnes to get back to
me. Will let you know when I hear from her.

Mirjam

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 08:33:53 +1200

> Now waiting for Mary Barnes to get back to

She mentioned to the Gen-ART reviewers that she's
off line all next week. But don't worry, there are
several of us in Gen-ART who could step in if Mary
declines.

   Brian

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:06:17 +0200

Thanks, Brian. 

Margaret, in that case, I think you can announce the 
WG chairs lunch:

1. how to handle IETF Last Call reviews and Gen-ART reviews
   (Mary Barnes - TBC)

2. mailing list set-up and maintenance guidelines
   (Jim Galvin)

Cheers,
Mirjam