Subject: [edu-team] Fwd: WG Chair lunch?

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:58:09 -0500

This is a very good question...

Russ, any thoughts on what WG chairs need to know this time around?   
Others?

I don't see any recent discussions on the WG chair list that would  
make a good topic.

We've had a couple of process-oriented topics in a row, so maybe it is  
time for a more technically-oriented topic?

People have suggested that we might re-run topics form the past that  
were well-received.  Past technical topics I recall were:

- IETF MIBs and what chair's need to know about them (Bert Wijnen or  
Dave Harrington)
- IPv6 vs. IPv4, common spec issues and how to avoid them (Me)
- IETF tools that are useful to WG chairs (Henrik? Bill Fenner?)

Do others remember technical topics that were popular?

Or maybe there is new technical topic we could cover?

Margaret

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
> Date: November 3, 2008 11:44:30 AM EST
> To: "'Margaret Wasserman'" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: WG Chair lunch?
>
> Hi Margaret,
>
> is there a WG chair lunch planned for ietf73?
>
> dbh
>
>

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 12:02:06 -0500

Maybe we should include a quick segment on the interim meeting in  
Malta and what WG chairs should do if they want their groups to meet  
there?  Russ, do you think we could get Ray to present it?

But, we'd still need a main topic...

Margaret

On Nov 3, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> We've had a couple of process-oriented topics in a row, so maybe it  
> is time for a more technically-oriented topic?
>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 09:26:23 +1300

Another quickie would be an update on the new IPR boilerplate
requirements.

I think a refresher on the tools is a very good idea.

   Brian

On 2008-11-04 06:02, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> 
> Maybe we should include a quick segment on the interim meeting in Malta
> and what WG chairs should do if they want their groups to meet there? 
> Russ, do you think we could get Ray to present it?
>

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 18:38:32 -0500

>Russ, any thoughts on what WG chairs need to know this time around?

Highlight the changes in IPR.. This should only take 5 minutes, so it 
need to be combined with something else.

I thought the role of the PROTO shepherd was a good session...

Russ

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 18:40:12 -0500

>there?  Russ, do you think we could get Ray to present it?

The answer is the same as any interim meeting.  Maybe we need a 
reminder of the interim meeting process, but it is not difficult.

Russ

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 20:51:24 -0500

I didn't think it would be difficult...  Just a "this is available",  
so everyone knows about it.  And a reminder that it is an interim  
meeting, like all others, so meetings there have to be announced 30  
days in advance on IETF-announce, etc.  Not all chairs seem to keep up  
with the IETF and WG chairs lists between meetings.

The IPR topic is good.  Would you like to do it?  Or would someone  
else make more sense?

I'll check with Henrik and Bill (if they are still the right folks) to  
find out about any tools updates.

Margaret

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:06:05 -0500

Hi Russ,

Should I tag you for presenting 5 mins on the IPR changes at the WG  
Chair lunch on Wed?  Or someone else?  Who was the last chair of the  
IPR WG?  Could he/she do it?

Thanks,
Margaret

On Nov 3, 2008, at 8:51 PM, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> days in advance on IETF-announce, etc.  Not all chairs seem to keep  
> up with the IETF and WG chairs lists between meetings.
>
> I'll check with Henrik and Bill (if they are still the right folks)  
> to find out about any tools updates.
>
> Margaret
>
>

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:06:10 -0500

I cannot be there.  I'm pleased to share the slides I used in the 
past for anyone to do it.  Harald?

Russ

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:15:49 -0500

I don't think Harald is on the edu-team list, so I have cc:ed him on  
this response...

Harald, see below.  Could you do a quick announcement about the latest  
IPR changes (5 min) at the WG chairs lunch in Minneapolis (Wed,  
1130-0100)?

Margaret

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 09:16:05 +0100

> IPR changes (5 min) at the WG chairs lunch in Minneapolis (Wed, 
I can do that. Last round as IPR chair :-)

Russ, I would like a slide deck to start from, yes.