Subject: [edu-team] EDU Team Lunch

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:34:14 -0500

Hi Magnus and Lars,

Would you be willing to do a presentation at the WG Chairs lunch in  
Minneapolis (Wednesday 1130-1300) on transport considerations that WG  
chairs ought to be aware of for the specifications in their groups?   
I'm thinking of the issues you helped us with in the CAPWAP WG --  
middlebox considerations, MTU discovery, ECN issues for tunneling  
protocols, but perhaps there are others transport issues that would  
apply across protocols in other areas, as well.

We are going to have two quick announcements during the session:  One  
about the interim meeting in Malta and another about the IPR changes  
(maybe 5 mins each), but the bulk of the session (~1 hour) could be  
spent on transport topics.

Does this make sense to you as a topic?

It would be ideal if one or both of you could present the topic, so  
that chairs could meet you and ask any questions they have about  
transport-related issues.  But, if  you are not available, could you  
suggest someone else (or a group of people) that could do it?

Thanks,
Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:29:07 -0500

Thanks, Magnus!  I'll send out an invitation to WG chairs for this  
session later today.

Margaret

On Nov 5, 2008, at 4:59 AM, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> Lars Eggert skrev:
>> I think that this is a good topic, but things are extremely hectic in
>> the day job since yesterday and will remain so for the rest of the  
>> year.
>> I simply don't know if I'll have the time to come up with material.
>>
>
> I can take the lead on producing material for this.
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus Westerlund
>
> IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
> Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
> S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 09:53:44 +0100

Margaret Wasserman skrev:
> chairs ought to be aware of for the specifications in their groups?  I'm
> thinking of the issues you helped us with in the CAPWAP WG -- middlebox
> considerations, MTU discovery, ECN issues for tunneling protocols, but
> perhaps there are others transport issues that would apply across
> protocols in other areas, as well.
> 

Yes, I definitely think so. I am available and can do it. I hope Lars
will also.

> 
> It would be ideal if one or both of you could present the topic, so that
> chairs could meet you and ask any questions they have about

I will try to ensure that we have some of the relevant WG chairs present
also.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:29:19 +0200

I think that this is a good topic, but things are extremely hectic in  
the day job since yesterday and will remain so for the rest of the  
year. I simply don't know if I'll have the time to come up with  
material.

Lars

On 2008-11-5, at 10:53, ext Magnus Westerlund wrote:

>> that

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 10:59:07 +0100

Lars Eggert skrev:
> the day job since yesterday and will remain so for the rest of the year.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund