Subject: [edu-team] So...Do we know what the next tutorials will be?

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:46:40 -0700

I'd talked to a "wireless guy" in Prague about a potential tutorial,
and he seemed excited, but I'm not sure I remember who it
was...hopefully he'll ping me at some point.

Another potential technical tutorial might be "what's a MIB?"

Perhaps MPLS?

Perhaps something on the mesh of ISPs.  Ron Bonica did one on that,
but I think it was more on the BGP protocol rather than how peering
relationships happen, the default free zone, what kinds of policies
people use and why, how it's all managed, interesting folklore about
things like the Youtube incident, what they were trying to accomplish,
how they got it wrong, the effect of it, etc.

Any other ideas?  Perhaps we should think of a bunch of things in
advance and work on recruiting people and helping them create a
tutorial?

Radia

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 18:34:53 +1200

> was...hopefully he'll ping me at some point.

Maybe it was an author of draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-eps?
I'd want to see a clear description of scope first, since this
could cover so many things.

> Another potential technical tutorial might be "what's a MIB?"

Well, we should ask the O&M ADs if they believe there is a knowledge
gap there.

> Perhaps MPLS?

That seems like a niche technology in IETF terms, however.
> how they got it wrong, the effect of it, etc.

Does that affect the work of other WGs though? Also, apart from Geoff Huston,
I'm not sure who would be willing to cover these aspects. It's too close
to business models for most ISPs or their vendors to discuss in
public.

> advance and work on recruiting people and helping them create a

Yes, we should do that rather than living from hand to mouth.

   Brian

> 
> Radia
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>