Subject: Re: [edu-team] Sunday apps edu tutorial? We really need to start work, if we're going to get an "overview of the areas" tutorial going for Sunday afternoon at the next IETF

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:20:01 +0200

Hi,

was this presentation finally recorded somewhere?

Thanks,

Gonzalo

On 09/01/2013 8:49 PM, Adam Roach wrote:
> On 1/9/13 11:17, Radia Perlman wrote:
>> And Adam...any objection to being recorded?
> 
> I have no objections to being recorded. Thanks for checking.
> 
> /a
> 
> 
>

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:22:02 +0000

Hi,

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:22:34 +0000

Hi,

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:51:49 +0100

Hi Gonzalo,

Due to some miscommunications, unfortunately the tutorial has not been 
recorded. We hope we can arrange this for one of the next meetings.

I wonder if it would actually be useful to do the RAI overview once more 
at the next meeting in Berlin. We often offer the same tutorial two 
times in a row to allow people to attend who couldn't make it the first 
time. What do you think?

That doesn't mean we don't need to start working on the next area 
overview (thanks for the reminder). Any suggestions which area could 
come next? Any volunteers? :-)

Thanks,
Mirjam

On 25/3/13 3:20 PM, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 07:52:48 +0000

Do we have the questionnaire feedback yet? I'm curious to see whether
people liked the RAI tutorial.

   Brian

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:17:58 +0200

Hi,

it would be interesting to know how many non-RAI people attended the
presentation. I understood there were a bunch of attendees who were
already familiar with the area but I have no idea whether or not there
were also people who were actually new to it. Adam?

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:48:53 -0700

There's really no way to tell what types of people attended, and most
people who attend these things wouldn't think that the overall IETF meeting
questionaire is the way to give feedback, so we don't get that much
feedback.  Might we want (in the future) to send an email questionaire
targetted to everyone that claims they will attend a particular tutorial?
 Or leave paper copies around to collect after the tutorial?

I thought the RAI tutorial was good, but it was short enough that we could
actually put two areas into the same slot.  Perhaps people might not be so
daunted about creating a 45 minute/one hour overview of their area.

Radia

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:50:34 -0500

> were also people who were actually new to it. Adam?

 From what I saw, probably 25% of the room were RAI folks at the 
beginning of my presentation, although I think I may have successfully 
bored them out of the room by the time I was done.

/a