Subject: [edu-team] Better shepherding - request from the EDU team

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 09:00:37 +1300

Hi,

The EDU team is starting to plan the tutorials for IETF 93 (Prague).
We get the impression that the IESG is trying to boost the
shepherding process and deal better with the question of interacting
with the WG about IESG comments. This topic interacts with content
review and editing (as opposed to copy editing). This seems like
an area where a well constructed tutorial should be of value, but
we can't do that ourselves.

Does the IESG agree that such a tutorial would be valuable, and if
so is there someone in the IESG who can take the lead on constructing
the tutorial, and possibly spare 1.5 hours in Prague to to present it?

Regards
   Brian (for the EDU team)

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:03:08 -1000

Hi Brian,

That makes a lot of sense.
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-extended-doc-shepherd/ 
points to someone ... :-)

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:08:16 -0600

> points to someone ... :-) 

I agree with Benoit on both points. And please tell the EDU team "thank 
you".

Spencer

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 13:57:03 -1000

> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-extended-doc-shepherd/ points to
> someone ... :-)

Indeed it does, and I'd love to help.  With any luck, the draft will
be an RFC by Prague.

Barry

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 12:25:23 +0100

> Indeed it does, and I'd love to help.  With any luck, the draft will

Thanks, Barry. Do you know who could give such a tutorial in Prague?
Would you like to do it?

Kind regards,
Mirjam

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 07:26:08 -1000

> Thanks, Barry. Do you know who could give such a tutorial in Prague?

I'd be happy to do it.  If it's Sunday, I'm free from 14:00 to 16:00,
so I'd want it to be scheduled during that period.

Barry

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:46:12 +0100

> so I'd want it to be scheduled during that period.

Thanks, Barry. The tutorial slots are from 13:00 - 15:00 and 15:00 -
17:00. I am not sure how long you think this tutorial will be and if it
will fit it one of the slots.

Regards,
Mirjam