Subject: [edu-team] Fwd: IETF Buenos Aires

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 22:38:54 +0300

Fernando has graciously offered to help with tutorials in Buenos Aires,
running the intro one in Spanish. I think it would be lovely to be able to
do this in Spanish as well. Could we get Fernando setup with the
right materials etc. I think we’ve done the intros in a few languages,
at least Chinese, so I’m wondering if slides already exist in Spanish
or if he needs to make a conversion.

Also, for your information, Fernando, we’re thinking of making
our tutorials more video- and short clip-oriented. I think we’d like
to do the full tutorial in person in the future as well, but if we’re
doing a new language version, it might make sense to think if
we can break it up in suitable size chunks and video it as well
(or as a separate effort, before the meeting).

Jari

> I have no clue about how the IETF tutorials are organized but waned
> to volunteer to "teach" the Introduction to the IETF tutorial, at least
> in Spanish. I guess that having the tutorial in their native-language
> would help both the language issues, and the "intimidation" that people
> sometimes feel when they talk to an "alien" (and in this case I'd be a
> local).

---

From: "Scott O. Bradner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:40:18 -0400

the newcomers tutorial has been done in local languages in the past 
it would be great to have a Spanish version

Scot

> On Jun 30, 2015, at 3:38 PM, Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> wrote:
>