Subject: [edu-team] Fwd: Checklist for presenting at an WG meeting

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 12:26:15 +0100

Hi,

Maybe the Edu Team can step in here and help maintain such a list? I
remember we spoke about some specific WG chair training (I could think
of various topics and modules). This could be part of that.

Cheers,
Mirjam

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Checklist for presenting at an WG meeting
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:48:47 +0000
From: John G. Scudder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi All,

In IDR we have a "Checklist for presenting at an IDR meeting" wiki page:

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/Checklist%20for%20presenting%20at%20an%20IDR%20meeting

Recently a chair of another WG asked us if we'd consider generalizing it
for general use. I had briefly considered something like this when
creating it, but there's just enough WG-specific guidance in it to make
me back away, e.g. some WGs may have a different suggested procedure for
requesting a speaking slot. That said, it's pretty general already, and
of course I don't mind if you refer your WG to our list, but I don't
want to claim it represents some broader consensus.

Having had the request, though, I thought I'd open a discussion. I will
say that our experience with the checklist is that it's not as powerful
a tool as I wish it were, there are plenty of presenters who despite
being pointed to it evidently haven't read it. But some do, and it's cheap.

--John

---

From: Alice Russo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 13:16:51 +0000

Mirjam,

Here's a generic version (on the old site):
https://www6.ietf.org/edu/documents/91-Tips-for-Presenters.pdf

And here's the corresponding slide deck by Lee Howard from IETF 91:
https://www.ietf.org/documents/141/91-PresentationSkills-Howard.pdf

Thanks,
Alice

> On Mar 19, 2018, at 11:26 AM, Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>