Subject: [Emu] GPSK and client state

From: "Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 10:45:07 -0700

In order to make progress I propose the following resolution to this
issue:

Modify text in the third paragraph from the end of section 10 to read:

  "For GPSK-3, a peer MUST silently discard messages where the
  RAND_Peer or the CSuite_Sel fields do not match
  those transmitted in GPSK-2.  An EAP peer MUST silently discard any
  packet whose MAC fails."

Modify text in section 12.9 third paragraph to read:

  "The client has to keep state information after receiving the GPSK-1
  message.  To prevent a replay attack, all the client needs to do is
  to ensure that the value of RAND_Peer is consistent between GPSK-2
  and GPSK-3.  Message GPSK-3 contains all the material required to re-
  compute the keying material.  Thus, if a client chooses to implement
  this client-side DoS protection mechanism it may manage RAND_Peer and
  CSuite_Sel on a per-server basis for servers it knows instead of on a
  per-message basis." 

Please send any comments you have on this proposal to the list by August
19, 2008.

Thanks,

Joe

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu