Subject: [Emu] FW: I-D Action:draft-sheffer-emu-eap-eke-00.txt

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:00:50 +0200

EKE is a well known password-based mutual authentication protocol. The patent on EKE is nearing expiry, so we figured this is a good time to specify an EAP method using this protocol.

We would appreciate all comments.

Thanks,
        Yaron

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 15:30
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-sheffer-emu-eap-eke-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An EAP Authentication Method Based on the EKE Protocol
        Author(s)       : Y. Sheffer, et al.
        Filename        : draft-sheffer-emu-eap-eke-00.txt
        Pages           : 22
        Date            : 2009-01-29

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) describes a framework
that allows the use of multiple authentication mechanisms.  This
document defines an authentication mechanism for EAP called EAP-EKE,
based on the Encrypted Key Exchange (EKE) protocol.  This method
provides mutual authentication through the use of a short, easy to
remember password.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sheffer-emu-eap-eke-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Email secured by Check Point
_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu