Subject: [Emu] channel binding document progress

From: "Charles Clancy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:04:52 -0500 (EST)

EMU,

After recent discussions, the following are proposed changes to the
channel bindings document.  The changes below don't make any architectural
or technical changes, but they break up the somewhat free-form text into
specific subsections, consolidating ideas and improving the flow and
readability of the document.

Section 4: split into multiple sections, one detailing the decision about
the type of channel bindings to use, and another that elaborates on the
architecture and its implications (with appropriate forward references)

Section 5: split into multiple sections, one detailing the protocol
itself, and the other describing evaluation of policy consistency
(including wildcard policies, use of permissive vs enforcing modes for
incremental rollout, etc)

Section 6: break into subsections for different system components, e.g. a
separate subsection of requirements on EAP method transport

Section 7: only define bindings for 802.11, and add a new section that
provides requirements for future documents that define lower-layer
bindings for other EAP lower layers

Lastly, are there any comments on adoption of draft-clancy-emu-aaapay as a
working group item?  I posted this question to the list after the last
IETF, and there weren't any responses.

--
t. charles clancy, ph.d.                 eng.umd.edu/~tcc
electrical & computer engineering, university of maryland

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu