Subject: [Emu] editor for <draft-clancy-emu-aaapay-01>

From: "Hoeper Katrin-QWKN37" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:40:01 -0400

Hey all,

At the last IETF meeting, the question was raised whether
<draft-clancy-emu-aaapay-01>
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clancy-emu-aaapay-01) should become a
WG item.

No decision was reached. However, it was pointed out that since the
author Charles Clancy won't be able to continue this work an editor is
needed.

I volunteer to become the editor of the draft, but am only interested if
there is enough interest in the WG to make this draft a WG item.

I personally think the draft should be a WG item because it compliments
the channel binding draft
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-emu-chbind-01) (co-authored by
Charles & I) by defining a method to transport AAA payloads as needed
for channel binding. Originally, both drafts were combined and later
separated to emphasize that the payload transport can be used for other
functions than the channel binding as well.

Looking forward to your feedback,

Katrin