Subject: [Emu] EAP-TLS smart cards for payments

From: Pascal Urien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 19:43:55 +0200

Hi all,

A payment platform was recently tested,  which is based on EAP-TLS smart
cards, detailled in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-urien-eap-smartcard-21

A paper is available at IEEE EXPLORE
"A breakthrough for prepaid payment: End to end token exchange and
management using secure SSL channels created by EAP-TLS smart cards"
Urien, Pascal; Pasquet, Marc; Kiennert, Christophe;
International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS),
2011
"In this paper we present an innovative architecture for prepaid services.
Digital tokens are securely exchanged between EAP-TLS smart cards used both
by merchant and customer. We describe the global framework that comprises a
back-office server delivering tokens, a front-office server collecting
tokens from merchant terminal, merchants and customers equipped with smart
cards. We detail data exchange choreography and discuss performances issues
for the experimental platform built with commercial devices."

Pascal