Subject: [Emu] I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:05:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : EAP Mutual Cryptographic Binding
	Author(s)       : Sam Hartman
                          Margaret Wasserman
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2013-03-14

Abstract:
   As the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) evolves, EAP peers
   rely increasingly on information received from the EAP server.  EAP
   extensions such as channel binding or network posture information are
   often carried in tunnel methods; peers are likely to rely on this
   information.  [RFC 3748] is a facility that protects tunnel methods
   against man-in-the-middle attacks.  However, cryptographic binding
   focuses on protecting the server rather than the peer.  This memo
   explores attacks possible when the peer is not protected from man-in-
   the-middle attacks and recommends mutual cryptographic binding, a new
   form of cryptographic binding that protects both peer and server
   along with other mitigations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/