Subject: [Emu] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-aura-eap-noob-01.txt

From: Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 11:10:39 +0300

Dear all

We have uploaded the next version of our draft on Nimble out-of-band 
authentication for EAP (EAP-NOOB). The new version is available here:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aura-eap-noob-01

Since the last IETF, we have been working on implementing this EAP 
method. Based on this implementation, we have added message examples for 
both inband and out-of-band (OOB) channels. This version also contains 
minor fixes to the fast reconnect exchange. The local event and server 
state transition tables have been improved.

The saag schedule at the Berlin IETF is rather tight so we are currently 
unsure if we will have time to present the updates during the session.

However, a bunch of us would be hacking and implementing EAP-NOOB during 
the IETF hackathon preceding the meeting (on Saturday and Sunday). If 
you are interested in IoT bootstrapping, please come and join us to hack 
together or just to have a look at the demo.

Thanks
/--Mohit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-aura-eap-noob-01.txt
Date: 	Mon, 04 Jul 2016 01:01:38 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Tuomas Aura <[email-masked]>, Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-aura-eap-noob-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mohit Sethi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-aura-eap-noob
Revision:	01
Title:		Nimble out-of-band authentication for EAP (EAP-NOOB)
Document date:	2016-07-04
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		36
URL:https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aura-eap-noob-01.txt
Status:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aura-eap-noob/
Htmlized:https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aura-eap-noob-01
Diff:https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-aura-eap-noob-01

Abstract:
    Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) provides support for
    multiple authentication methods.  This document defines the EAP-NOOB
    authentication method for nimble out-of-band (OOB) authentication and
    key derivation.  This EAP method is intended for bootstrapping all
    kinds of Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices that have a minimal user
    interface and no pre-configured authentication credentials.  The
    method makes use of a user-assisted one-directional OOB channel
    between the peer device and authentication server.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat