Subject: [Emu] Eric Rescorla's Yes on charter-ietf-emu-04-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:55:20 -0800

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-emu-04-01: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-emu/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

LGTM with some nits below:

     - Provide a guidance or update to enable the use of TLS 1.3 in the
       context of EAP TLS (RFC 5216). Update the security
       considerations relating to EAP TLS, to document the implications
       of using new vs. old TLS version, any recently gained new

Nit: versions

  In all of the above, it is a requirement that none of the updates
  break backwards compatibility with existing specifications or
  implementations. The current EAP-TLS RFCs shall not be obsoleted but

s/shall/will/?

  rather updated with either new information or instructions on
  what is needed, for instance, to employ a new TLS version.

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:42:28 -0500

Hi Eric,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-emu/

The suggested changes have been made, thank you.

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen