Subject: [Emu] Kathleen Moriarty's Yes on charter-ietf-emu-04-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 09:02:13 -0800

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-emu-04-00: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-emu/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Milestones are likely to change (dates, etc.), but aligns with the charter. 
Jari's time was limited, so I helped and he will adjust.

---

From: Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 10:36:22 +0200

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks. This looks good.

I understand that the milestones are likely to change. I believe that 
the milestone "Adopt draft to define session identifiers for fast 
re-authentication for EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA, and EAP-AKA" has a typo and 
should include EAP-AKA'. Also, I think the session identifier for fast 
re-authentication in EAP-AKA' would be part of the rfc5448bis document. 
A separate document would only be needed for EAP-SIM and EAP-AKA session 
identifiers.

--Mohit

On 02/02/2018 07:02 PM, Kathleen Moriarty wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Emu mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 13:25:52 +0200

Mohit, Kathleen,

I’d suggest editing the current milestones as follows. The edit and schedule
suggestions are based in part on what I think the 3GPP schedules are going
to be. They need some stuff soon (e.g., any fixes to existing EAP-AKA’;
there’s a technical specification with a few paragraphs labeled “move these
to IETF RFC when it is updated) but some of the other things (EAP TLS 1.3,
PFS solutions) can probably wait until their 5G phase 2 work.

Then again, for the sake of resolving issues in existing RFCs and 
general issues in EAP usage, we also want to pursue the other stuff.

These are however my suggestions only; others may see priorities and
order differently. So consider this proposal as a straw-man only.

OLD:

 Apr 2018 - WG adopts initial draft on guidance for EAP TLS with TLS 1.3
 Apr 2018 - Begin work on EAP-AKA update, RFC5448-bis
 May 2018 - Adopt draft for extension to EAP-AKA to support forward secrecy
 Jul 2018 - Adopt draft to define session identifiers for fast
 re-authentication for EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA, and EAP-AKA
 Jul 2018 - Adopt draft on operational recommendations for large certificate
 and chain sizes
 Feb 2019 - Working group last call for EAP-AKA update, RFC5448-bis

NEW:

 Mar 2018 - WG established
 Apr 2018 - WG adopts initial draft on guidance for EAP TLS with TLS 1.3
 Apr 2018 - WG adopts initial draft on EAP-AKA update, RFC5448-bis,
 including definition session identifiers for fast re-authentication for EAP-AKA'
 Sep 2018 - WG last call on EAP-AKA update, RFC5448-bis
 Oct 2018 - WG adopts initial draft on extension to EAP-AKA to support forward secrecy
 Oct 2018 - WG adopts initial draft on definition of session identifiers for fast
 re-authentication in EAP-SIM and EAP-AKA
 Nov 2018 - WG last call on guidance for EAP TLS with TLS 1.3
 Dec 2018 - WG adopts initial draft on operational recommendations for large certificate
 and chain sizes
 Jan 2019 - WG last call on definition of session identifiers for fast
 re-authentication in EAP-SIM and EAP-AKA
 Feb 2019 - WG last call on extension to EAP-AKA to support forward secrecy
 May 2019 - WG last call on operational recommendations for large
 certificate and chain sizes

Jari

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 11:50:13 -0500

Thank you, Jari.  The milestones have been updated.

Best regards,
Kathleen

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen