Subject: [Entmib] Working Group Milestones

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:56:56 -0400

Hi All,

It's about half way between Yokohama and Atlanta, and it seems like
a good time to assess our progress.  First, I'd like to review our
progress on our WG milestones.

Based on my understanding, our current WG milestone status is:

 >JAN 02 Determine if the Entity MIB should be modified to resolve
 >		any open issues

DONE.  We did decide to modify the Entity MIB to add state/status additions.

 >FEB 02 Re-cycle the updated Entity MIB at proposed standard, if necessary

Not done yet.  Waiting for new version with state/status additions.  {Move
to DEC 02?]

 >APR 02 Submit final version of Internet-Draft for Sensor Entity MIB for
		consideration as a Proposed Standard

DONE.  And approved by the IESG for PS last week.  Thanks Andy, Dan & KC.

 >JUL 02 Evaluate status of the Entity MIB and collect implementation and
 >		interoperability reports

Not done yet.  Waiting for new version at PS.  [Move to MAR 03?]

 >SEP 02 Recommend to the IESG if the Entity MIB can be elevated to Draft
 >		Standard.

Not done yet.  Will recycle at PS, due to state/status changes. [Move to
	MAY 03]

 >OCT 02 Evaluate status of the Sensor Entity MIB and collect implementation
 >		and interoperability reports

Not done yet.  Should start as soon as we have two possible implementations.

 >DEC 02 Recommend to the IESG if the Sensor Entity MIB can be elevated
 >		to Draft Standard
 >JAN 03 Re-charter or shut-down the WG [Move to MAY 03?]

Please let me know if I've made any mistakes.  Once you have had a chance to
review this list, I will update the completed milestones in our charter.

Bert, what is the process (if any) for changing milestone dates?  Obviously,
we won't make any of the current Entity MIB dates, now that we've decided to
add state/status info.  Does it make sense to change them to realistic dates?
Or just leave them as-is?

Thanks,
Margaret

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib