Subject: Re: [Entmib] Draft Entity MIB Minutes

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:32:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:05:51 -0500
> To: [email-masked]
> From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Entmib] Draft Entity MIB Minutes
...
> Below are the draft minutes for our meeting.  Please let me know
> if you have any comments.
...
> Randy Presuhn:  Thinks this should be a sparse augments.  Nothing
> in the ITU document indicates otherwise.  ...
...

I thought I made it a much stronger statement.  If I didn't,
then I should clarify anyway: the ISO/ITU state management
function is very explicit that class definitions should only
employ the state attributes that make sense, that it's not an
"all or nothing" proposition.  If the phrase "sparse augments"
were in their vocabulary, it would have been used.

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  SJC-1.3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:58:39 -0500

Hi Randy,

You probably did make a stronger statement and I failed to
capture it.  Sorry.  I'll update the minutes accordingly.

Margaret

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:58:39 -0500

Hi Randy,

Margaret