Subject: Adding RE: [Entmib] CONSENSUS CHECK: Undo entAliasMapping deprecation

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:05:44 -0400

Five people have suggested that it is a good idea to put the 
entSupplPhysicalManufacturingDate and the 
entSupplPhysicalManufacturerInfo objects into the entPhysicalEntry of 
the Entity MIB before recycling at Proposed Standard.  No one has 
dissented, so it appears that we have consensus for this plan.

Is there anyone who disagrees with this idea?

Andy, when do you think that you can have an update of the Entity MIB 
that undeprecates the entAliasMapping identifier and adds these two 
objects?

Margaret

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:20:57 -0700

At 05:05 AM 9/23/2004, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

>Five people have suggested that it is a good idea to put the entSupplPhysicalManufacturingDate and the entSupplPhysicalManufacturerInfo objects into the entPhysicalEntry of the Entity MIB before recycling at Proposed Standard.  No one has dissented, so it appears that we have consensus for this plan.
>
>Andy, when do you think that you can have an update of the Entity MIB that undeprecates the entAliasMapping identifier and adds these two objects?

Definitely before the next I-D cutoff and hopefully sooner.
Most of the work will be the xmlrfc and boilerplate conversion.

>Margaret

Andy