Subject: [ESDS] ESDS BOF approved, and comments

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:23:44 -0800

The ESDS BOF request was approved by the IESG and IAB today, although  
the discussion raised quite a few questions not answered in the  
overview or drafts.  I've forwarded one of the comments received  
(below) and I'm working with the other commenters on either  
forwarding their issues or scheduling a conversation with the draft  
authors.

FYI, the date of the BOF meeting is not yet known, because the agenda  
has not yet been built.  However, the Apps Area people traditionally  
meet Monday Morning and discuss various topics of interest.  The  
Sunday reception is also a great time to meet people and arrange  
conversations for later in the week. 	

Thanks,
Lisa Dusseault

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
> Date: January 31, 2008 6:06:02 AM PST
> To: IAB <[email-masked]>, "Iesg (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: ESDS BOF comments
>
> ...The proposed charter (http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/esds/ 
> current/msg00020.html)
> appears enormous (17 work items).
>
> The charter appears to envisage both the schema and the protocol  
> work (indeed at least 3 protocols).
>
> Given the concerns about reusing/adapting/overloading DNS I don't  
> see much work in the charter relating to the distributed storage  
> system that probably needs to be addressed before designing both  
> the schema and the protocols - or maybe it is subsumed in item 11..  
> but I would have thought that needed to come earlier.
>
> The charter doesn't offer a timescale:  Further to Dave's concerns  
> about the constituency, are there enough people interested in the  
> project to carry throigh such a large work program?
>
> Elwyn
>
>

_______________________________________________
ESDS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/esds

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:52:30 +0100

All,

SITA (see www.sita.aero) is keen on getting this work done.

Best regards,

Jan

Jan Boen
Director Auto ID SET
CSBU - SITA

Tel: +32 2 745 0598
Fax: +32 2 745 0570
Mobile: +32 473 933 190
E-mail: [email-masked]

             Lisa Dusseault                                            
             <lisa@osafoundati                                         
             on.org>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  [email-masked]                   
             esds-bounces@ietf                                          cc
             .org                      Elwyn Davies                    
                                       <[email-masked]>         
                                                                   Subject
             01/02/2008 03:15          [ESDS] ESDS BOF approved, and   
                                       comments                        

                                                                       

The ESDS BOF request was approved by the IESG and IAB today, although the
discussion raised quite a few questions not answered in the overview or
drafts.  I've forwarded one of the comments received (below) and I'm
working with the other commenters on either forwarding their issues or
scheduling a conversation with the draft authors.

FYI, the date of the BOF meeting is not yet known, because the agenda has
not yet been built.  However, the Apps Area people traditionally meet
Monday Morning and discuss various topics of interest.  The Sunday
reception is also a great time to meet people and arrange conversations for
later in the week.

Thanks,
Lisa Dusseault

Begin forwarded message:

      ...The proposed charter (
      http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/esds/current/msg00020.html)
      appears enormous (17 work items).

      The charter appears to envisage both the schema and the protocol work
      (indeed at least 3 protocols).

      Given the concerns about reusing/adapting/overloading DNS I don't see
      much work in the charter relating to the distributed storage system
      that probably needs to be addressed before designing both the schema
      and the protocols - or maybe it is subsumed in item 11.. but I would
      have thought that needed to come earlier.

      Elwyn

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.