Subject: Re: [ESDS] ESDS BOF approved, and comments

From: Ali Rezafard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 18:03:54 -0500

Below is a message from Boeing in support of ESDS.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: RSVP request - IETF ESDS BoF - March 10, 2008 - 
Philadelphia, PA
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:48:10 -0800
From: Ayyagari, Arun <[email-masked]>
To: Ali Rezafard <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>

Hello Ali and Mark,

I am interested in this BoF that you have initiated. Unfortunately, I
will not be able to attend but would like to stay connected and engage
in an appropriate manner as the agenda proceed. I would appreciate it if
you can forward me the BoF minutes so that I can sync'up.

Mark, very glad to see that you are the Chair and leading this BoF. I
would be glad to work with and support you on this effort as best as I
can, so  please do include me on your interchanges. Hope to see you
again in the near future.

Regards,
Arun
Email: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Ali Rezafard [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:21 PM
To: Ayyagari, Arun
Subject: RSVP request - IETF ESDS BoF - March 10, 2008 - Philadelphia,
PA

Dear Arun Ayyagari,

Further to the "Call for Participation" sent previously, this is to
inform you that the ESDS BoF session at the 71st IETF gathering in
Philadelphia, PA, USA has been confirmed as follows:

Date: Monday, March 10, 2008
Time: 1:00 PM
Duration: 2 hours
Place: Marriott Philadelphia Downtown, 1201 Market Street Room Name:
Breakout Room Information on registration, and accommodation:
http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/71-IETF.html
Please note that the early bird registration deadline is Friday Feb 29
at 17:00 ET (22:00 UTC/GMT).

The primary goal of this BoF meeting is to discuss forming a work group
to develop a protocol for Discovery Service that addresses the issues
around secure sharing of product data across the entire Supply Chain.
See attached for further information.

If you are planning to attend, please RSVP to either Maged Girgis at
416-673-8635 or to Ali Rezafard at 416-673-8364

We look forward to seeing you at this important session.

Best Regards,

Ali Rezafard
Afilias Canada
204-4141 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A8
[email-masked]
Office: 1-416-673-8364

On 28/01/08, Maged Girgis wrote:
  >Hello,
  >
  >This is a call for participation in the IETF ESDS BOF session to be
held during  >the week of March 9-14 at the IETF meeting in
Philadelphia.
  >
  >There are important changes happening in supply chain industry
standards that  >can affect your business. Decisions are currently being
made on network  >communication standards that could radically change
the way you trade data with  >your supply chain partners.
  >
  >Current supply chain technologies consist of point to point data
exchange  >between partners and thus limit communication of business
critical data in  >cases where disparate backend systems are being used
by loosely coupled supply  >chain partners. Discovery Services are a
secure mechanism needed to enable  >supply chain partners with little or
no prior business relationships to  >selectively exchange tracking (and
referral) data for objects they are handling  >in the supply chain. An
IETF working group would be tasked with developing a  >standardized
mechanism for this type of data sharing that uses Internet  >technology
and would include attention to issues surrounding security, data
>formats and scalability amongst others.
  >
  >Some of the issues the group would address include developing
discovery service  >support for all open supply chain identifiers -
including both legacy  >identifiers and newer standards around RFID; the
ability to handle supply  >chain exceptions and optimize routing through
selective 2-way supply chain  >visibility; enabling limited visibility
to regulators and customs agents as  >required; and attain better cost
metrics by using the internet to securely  >exchange selected data while
conforming to current Internet infrastructure  >architecture.
  >
  >The primary goal of this BOF is to see whether there is enough
interest to form  >a working group around developing a standard for
Discovery Services that  >addresses these and other issues. An IETF
working group would potentially  >provide a larger open community to
facilitate discussion and participation of  >all interested parties.
  >
  >If you interested in attending, or have questions, please RSVP to
Maged Girgis  >at 416-673-8635 or [email-masked]. Registration
details for the IETF  >Meeting can be found at:
  >
  >http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/71-IETF.html
  >
  >Specific details regarding this BOF event TBA.
  >
  >We hope to see you there.
  >
  >Maged Girgis
  >Auto-ID Program Manager
  >Afilias
  >204-4141 Yonge Street
  >Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A8
  >[email-masked]
  >Office: 1 416 673 8365
  >Mobile: 1 416 721 4216
_______________________________________________
ESDS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/esds

---

From: Ali Rezafard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 13:53:27 -0500

Below is a message from Air Transport Association expressing interest in 
  ESDS efforts.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: RSVP request - IETF ESDS BoF - March 10, 2008 - 
Philadelphia, PA
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:41:25 -0500
From: Jones, Ken <[email-masked]>
To: Ali Rezafard <[email-masked]>
CC: Mark Harrison <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>

Ali,

Sorry I am so late in replying, but unfortunately I already had a 
previously scheduled meeting in Europe. However, I am indeed interested 
in the subject. Please keep me on the mailing list of any further 
meetings in this area.

Thanks, Ken

Ken Jones
Director Electronic Data Standards
Air Transport Association
1301 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20004
www.ataebiz.org
www.airlines.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Ali Rezafard [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 5:08 PM
To: Jones, Ken
Subject: RSVP request - IETF ESDS BoF - March 10, 2008 - Philadelphia, PA

Dear Ken Jones,

Also I wanted to bring to your attention the commitment and support that 
SITA and Air France are giving to the ESDS initiative:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/esds/current/msg00047.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/esds/current/msg00046.html

Best Regards,

Ali Rezafard
Afilias Canada
204-4141 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A8
[email-masked]
Office: 1-416-673-8364

  >This is a call for participation in the IETF ESDS BOF session to be 
held during  >the week of March 9-14 at the IETF meeting in Philadelphia.