Subject: [ESDS] Diagrams to help towards a consistent terminology for generic Discovery Services

From: Mark Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:52:11 +0100

Dear ESDS folks,

I have attached a couple of slides (in Powerpoint and also in PDF)  
with accompanying notes, to try to illustrate some of the different  
entities that may interact with Discovery Services.  I have tried to  
use neutral terminology so that we can consider Discovery Services in  
a wider generic context, including other potential uses (such as  
finding multiple sources of user-generated content/reviews/ratings on  
specific topics, as suggested at the BOF meeting) rather than  
focussing solely on the context of finding which companies within  
supply chains hold some information about an individual physical object.

Please feel free to improve upon these or extend them.  I hope that  
they are helpful in our efforts towards a consistent terminology for  
the ESDS work, to avoid misunderstandings of terminology.

Best regards,

- Mark Harrison

_______________________________________________
ESDS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/esds