Subject: [ESDS] Object Naming Service (ONS) Extension for Extensible Supply-chain Discovery Service (ESDS)

From: 孔宁 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:55:52 +0800

Dear ESDS members,
I wrote a draft about the ONS and ESDS, and its abstract as follows. 
Object Naming Service (ONS) is a network service that leverages
Domain Name System (DNS) to discover information about a product and
related services from the Electronic Product Code (EPC).  Extensible
Supply-chain Discovery Service (ESDS) is an application layer
protocol for the distributed sharing and discovery of notification
events between associated partners within a supply chain.  Unlike DNS
or ONS, where there is a known set of root servers, ESDS will have
numerous roots for various supply chains operating globally.  ONS can
be used in collaboration with ESDS to make the multiple ESDS roots be
found easily.  This document is intended to extend the ONS to support
ESDS by defining a new Naming Authority PoinTeR (NAPTR) service type
of ONS for ESDS.

The draft can be accessed via link below.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nkong-esds-ons-00.txtYour feedback and comments would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ning KONG