Subject: [Extra] sieve-fcc next steps

From: Bron Gondwana <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 23:00:13 +1000

I asked a few weeks ago about progressing both objectid and sieve-fcc.
Since objectid is pretty polished now, I'm ready for that to move on.
Sieve-fcc has two outstanding questions though:

* what to do about message format for notify/enotify fcc
* do we need separate capabilities, or just "fcc"?

I am soliciting opinions, either "I agree with you, Bron, sounds great"
- or  suggestions for better ideas!  I have no strong attachment to any
particular choice, but I would like to get this document progressed...
* Regarding message format for notify - I'm happy to say "it's up to the
  server to serialise something in MESSAGE/RFC822 which is readable and
  contains the details of the notification.  Since notify can be
  arbitrary data formats, the alternative of trying to specify a
  particular behaviour beyond that is either very complex, or very
  limiting.  I see no need to lock down the format, since this feature
  will be either for a human to read, or for audit/compliance reasons,
  so requirements will vary by site.
* Regarding capability: I'm happy with just fcc - it should be easy to
  implement across all types in our server, and I assume in other
  servers too.
Please let us know what you think.  I'll ask Ken to get it written up
and maybe we can get this one processed before Montreal as well.
Cheers,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd
  [email-masked]

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 19:02:27 -0400

On 05/26/2018 09:00 AM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> I asked a few weeks ago about progressing both objectid and 
> sieve-fcc.  Since objectid is pretty polished now, I'm ready for that 
> to move on.
>
> I am soliciting opinions, either "I agree with you, Bron, sounds 
> great" - or suggestions for better ideas!  I have no strong attachment 
> to any particular choice, but I would like to get this document 
> progressed...
>
> * Regarding message format for notify - I'm happy to say "it's up to 
> the server to serialise something in MESSAGE/RFC822 which is readable 
> and contains the details of the notification.  Since notify can be 
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/extra 

The latest draft has requirements as to what should appear in the FCC 
messsage: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-02#section-3.1

This is pretty much there for non-mailto: notifications, since both 
vacation responses and mailto; notifications can be stored in a mailbox 
as-is.

I'd like feedback as whether this section is moving in the right 
direction, complete trash, or somewhere in between.

-- 
Ken Murchison
Cyrus Development Team
FastMail US LLC