Subject: [Extra] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-extra-quota-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 03:36:05 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-extra-quota-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-quota/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below COMMENT points, which are mere nits.

Special thanks to Bron Gondwana for his shepherd's write-up  about the WG
consensus.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

-- Section 3.2 --

For a reader non familiar with the domain, this section is quite cryptic until
the "implementation notes". Giving some early examples would be a plus.

-- Section 4.1.1 --
In the same vein as the comment above, a non-familiar reader (like myself :-O )
will wonder how the client knows to check the quota for "!partition/sda4".
Suggest to explain the example a little more.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 15:36:31 +0100

Hi Éric,

Thank you for your comments.

Yes, I see your point. Quota root was a hard concept to grasp when I 
read the original RFC that defined. I will try to improve.
> Suggest to explain the example a little more.

I've added a forward reference in 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. Hopefully this 
clarifies things.

Best Regards,

Alexey

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 15:43:59 +0000

Thank you Alexey

On 18/10/2021, 16:36, "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi Éric,

    Best Regards,

    Alexey