Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-confirmation-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 10:06:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Scenarios for Internet fax message confirmation
	Author(s)	: G. Klyne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-confirmation-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 06-Apr-98
	
  The simple mode for Internet fax described in [1] does not provide
  positive confirmation of message delivery or disposition.  There is
  a widespread view that an important benefit of traditional fax [2]
  is the fact that it provides a delivery confirmation which is
  trusted by fax system users.
 
  This memo describes some of the options for message confirmation in
  Internet fax, taking account of the particular nature and goals of
  the application [3], with a view to informing the debate over what
  mechanisms should be used for this purpose.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-confirmation-scenarios-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-confirmation-scenarios-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-confirmation-scenarios-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.