Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-eifax-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 09:46:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extended Facsimile Using Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: L. Masinter, D. Wing
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-eifax-02.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 04-Aug-98
	
   This document describes extensions to 'Simple Mode of Facsimile
   Using Internet Mail' [RFC2305] to accomplish additional features,
   including transmission of enhanced document characteristics (higher
   resolution, color), confirmation of delivery, quick message
   delivery, GSTN billing information, and message confidentiality.
 
   Note: some features in this Internet Draft are being actively
   discussed in the Internet Fax working group and amongst experts in
   both facsimile and email. This document does not represent a final
   consensus of the working group, but is offered as a probable
   resolution of those discussions, based on current directions, as
   the proposals are believed to be consistent with the goals of
   Internet Fax as well as current standards-track directions for
   email protocols.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-eifax-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-eifax-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-eifax-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.