Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-capability-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 11:05:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Scenarios for Internet fax capability exchange
	Author(s)	: G. Klyne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-capability-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 05-May-98
	
 The simple mode for Internet fax described in [1] relies on
  transmission of documents using a minimum feature set to achieve
  interoperability between sender and receiver.  Proposals for
  extended Internet fax [2,3] aim to provide for transmission of
  enhanced documents (e.g. higher resolutions, colour) by employing
  mechanisms to identify recipient capabilities to the sender, in the
  same fashion as traditional Group 3 fax [4].
 
  This memo describes some of the scenarios for capability exchange
  in Internet fax, taking account of the particular nature and goals
  of the application [5], with a view to informing the debate over
  what mechanisms should be used for this purpose.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-capability-scenarios-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-capability-scenarios-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-capability-scenarios-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.