Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-implementers-guide-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:34:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Implementers Guide for Facsimile Using Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: V. Cancio, M. Moldovan, H. Tamura, D. Wing
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-implementers-guide-05.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 22-Jan-01
	
This document is intended for the implementers of software which uses email to send to facsimiles using RFC 2305 and 2532.
This is an informational document and its guidelines do not supersede the referenced documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-implementers-guide-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-implementers-guide-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-implementers-guide-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:44:35 +0900 (JST)

Dear Colleagues,

Short comments from one of editors.

As I said before, the main differences from the -04 versions are
"subject" field in MDN/DSN and Tiff magic number in 5.2 c).

Editors changed a little about "subject" field from my previous mail
to

  MDN:
	  Subject: Your message was processed successfully. (MDN)
	  Subject: Your message has been rejected. (MDN)
  DSN:
	  Subject: Your message was delivered successfully. (DSN)
	  Subject: Your message could not be delivered. (DSN)
	  Subject: Your message is delayed. (DSN)

It is a minor change.

As you can see Revision history, there are some items in -05.
But, except for the above two items, they are very minor.
Most of them are typo and for clarification. If you take "diff",
you can see them.

Editors believe the work is finished. As the meeting minutes
in San Diego says, after the confirmation, we can issue
the "WG" last call.

If no comments, I ask a chair(Claudio, in this case) to do.

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Ricoh Company, LTD.
E-mail: [email-masked]