Subject: Doing T.30 / T.38 all by software??

From: MailingList <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:30:54 -0500

Hi,

I have one little question for which I cannot find any answer on the web,
maybe someone here could help me:

I want to know if it is possible / thinkable to create a complete software
solution to perform T.30 and T.38 (realtime fax over ip) in software that
will NOT run on a DSP, but on a normal computer with WinNT or Linux.  For
example, the fax does not come from a PSTN, we have a TIFF file on computer
and want to send it to a T.38 compliant gateway.  The problem is that we
need to generate the equivalent T.30 signals and interact with the remote
FAX adequately.  I have heard that there might be timing problems,
especially if we want to have many simultaneous fax channels.

If someone has the answer or part of the answer for this question, please
help me, I have been searching for a while now and I can't find anything
interesting.

Thanks a lot,

Sebastien Lalonde
Interstar Technologies inc.
5835 Ave. Verdun, Suite 302
Verdun, Québec,
Canada H4H 1M1
email : [email-masked]
http://www.faxserver.com
Tel. (514) 766-1668 ext.4453
Fax (514) 766-1439

---

From: "Mike Coffee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:49:57 -0500

Commetrex has  the entire solution...we do it all the time.

Mike Coffee
770-449-7775x310