Subject: architecture draft comments

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:48:42 -0400

I realize that examples in the draft are just that, examples; however, I am a 
little concerned about some of the "suggestions" made and and how they may be 
interpreted as the way the protocol should behave. For instance:

-paragraph under fig. 5 describes an example of how CE1 remains in sync with
CE2 via  a CE-CE protocol. I dont see it happening this way
- section 4.1.2 and how the FE tells the FE manager of it FE ID. An alternate 
is for the FE to be told what its FE (perhaps by the CE via CE Manager to FE 
Manager). There are other ways.
-Fig 9: I could see msg 2 "Let me join" or "I wish to register" as being the 
first msg. 

I could go on but hopefully with those few examples i have illustrated my 
concern.
There should be clear text that indicates that the architecture examples are 
just that - mere examples; that try to describe from a sky-high view the 
concepts that might be employed. 
I just scanned the draft, so if that text is already there then ignore me.

cheers,
jamal

---

From: Alex Audu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:36:06 -0500

Jamal,

How else do you see CE and CE communicating with each other?

Regards,
Alex.