Subject: WG document draft-ietf-forces-model-00.txt uploaded to IETF

From: "Yang, Lily L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:36:47 -0700

Hi, all -

Now that the WG adopted "draft-yang-forces-model-v02.txt" as the basis
for ForCES FE model work, we are moving forward with the model effort. 

Attached is the v00 of the WG document "draft-ietf-forces-model-00.txt".
This is exactly the same document as draft-yang-forces-model-v02.txt
except 1)  the file name change to reflect its WG status and 2) the
contact info change of one of the authors. 

During the Vienna meeting, Zsolt Haraszti presented an individual
contribution by him and Steve Blake on FE model elements
(draft-haraszti-forces-00.txt). I personally believe that Zsolt and
Steve's contribution started to drill down some of the important
technical issues deeper than we've had while their overall approach is
still compatible and complementary to our work. Since then, we've had
many in-depth and productive discussions among my co-authors, Zsolt and
Steve. We all came to the same conclusion that the best way to move the
FE model work forward is to join force and work together as one design
team on FE model. Currently we are actively merging the two drafts
("draft-yang-forces-model-v02.txt"  and "draft-haraszti-forces-00.txt")
which will be the basis for  draft-ietf-forces-model-01.txt.

All the comments we've received on the two individual drafts will also
be incorporated into the merged v01 doc. So please don't feel like we
are ignoring your comments if you don't see it being reflected in the
v00 document yet.

The plan is to have this merged v01 published to the list very soon (in
the next 2-3 weeks) so that we can have the WG move forward and focus
more on the model.

Stay tuned. 

Lily

-----Original Message-----
From: Yang, Lily L 
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 10:07 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: Putzolu, David; Patrick Droz ([email-masked]); Zsolt Haraszti ;
Alan DeKok ([email-masked]); Joel M. Halpern ([email-masked]);
Ram Gopal ([email-masked]); Steve Blake; Yang, Lily L
Subject: