Subject: Re: Proto Requirement - Weigh in Please (was: re:[FORCES] Issue Summary: Inter-FE Topology requirements)

From: Alistair Munro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:49:25 +0100

Hi All,

I support the modification proposed by Joel Halpern, which I think is:

"The ForCES protocol or information carried in the ForCES protocol MUST
allow those FEs which have inter-FE topology information to provide that
information to the CE(s)."

There is an implicit requirement on the information carried in the protocol
to be able to reveal this capability, but I don't interpret this as a
requirement on the ForCES protocol itself beyond what is already stated in
section 7, requirement 1.

Regards,

Alistair

--
Alistair Munro,
Principal Engineer, U4EA Technologies Ltd.
City Point, Temple Gate, Bristol, BS1 6PL, U.K.
E-mail: [email-masked]
Tel: (work) +44-117-373-6765, (home) +44-1275-462707, (mobile)
+44-7974-922-442;
Fax: +44-117-373-6751
Web: http://www.u4eagroup.com