Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-forces-model-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:02:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation
Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : ForCES Forwarding Element Functional Model
        Author(s)       : L. Yang, et. al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-forces-model-01.txt
        Pages           : 36
        Date            : 2003-10-6

This document defines the forwarding element (FE) model used in the
Forwarding and Control Plane Separation (ForCES) protocol.  The
model represents the capabilities, state and configuration of
forwarding elements within the context of the ForCES protocol, so
that control elements (CEs) can control the FEs accordingly.  More
specifically, the model describes the logical functions that are
present in an FE, what capabilities these functions support, and
how these functions are or can be interconnected. This FE model is
intended to satisfy the model requirements specified in the ForCES
requirements draft [1].  A list of the basic logical functional
blocks (LFBs) is also defined in the LFB class library to aid the
effort in defining individual LFBs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-forces-model-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-forces-model-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-forces-model-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.