Subject: ForCES Protocol Evaluation Draft - Please review & send feedback! (was: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-putzolu-forces-evaluation-00.txt)

From: "Putzolu, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:55:48 -0700

All,

I have submitted a template document for use in
protocol evaluation.  The format and contents is 
based on similar efforts done in other IETF working
groups. The URL is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-putzolu-forces-evaluation-00.t
xt

Please do the following:
* Review the template and send suggestions
  for additional or changed criteria or sections.  
* Indicate whether this is acceptable as a working
  group document or not. Once accepted as a WG
  document authors will be asked to begin filling
  out the various sections.

Thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 9:41 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-putzolu-forces-evaluation-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : ForCES Protocol Evaluation Draft
        Author(s)       : D. Putzolu
        Filename        : draft-putzolu-forces-evaluation-00.txt
        Pages           : 12
        Date            : 2003-10-6
	
This document provides an evaluation of the applicability of three 
proposed approaches for a ForCES protocol: FACT[2], GRMP[3], and 
Netlink2[4]. A summary of each of the proposed protocols against the 
ForCES requirements[5] and the ForCES framework[6] is provided. 
Compliancy of each of the protocols against each requirement is 
detailed.  A conclusion summarizes how each of the protocols fares in 
the evaluation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-putzolu-forces-evaluation-00.t
xt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-putzolu-forces-evaluation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-putzolu-forces-evaluation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alex Audu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:43:28 -0500

Hello David,

This is acceptable as a working group document.

Regards,
Alex.

---

From: Weiming Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:22:26 +0800

Hi David,

The evaluation draft is acceptable as WG document. 
For the convenience of the evaluation document readers,  I suppose if the original reqirement text, 
especially the protocol requirement part, can be included in the first part of every evaluation section in the 
document, then followed by the conpliance evaluation of all candidate protocols? 
 
Best regards,
weiming

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Putzolu, David" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 12:55 AM
Subject: ForCES Protocol Evaluation Draft - Please review & send feedback! (was: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-putzolu-forces-evaluation-00.txt)

All,

Please do the following:

Thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:

---

From: Jason Goldschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:39:19 -0700

Hi David,

This document is acceptable to me.

-Jason

--
Jason Goldschmidt
Sun Microsystems
Network Technology Office
[email-masked]

---

From: "T. Sridhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:35:29 -0700

David,

The document template is pretty detailed and is acceptable to me.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Putzolu, David wrote:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-putzolu-forces-evaluation-00.txt
>
> Please do the following: