Subject: Update on ForCES Protocol Design Team Activities

From: "Putzolu, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 05:58:29 -0700

All,

The ForCES protocol design team was scheduled to post a 
draft of their proposed merged protocol on June 15th.

The team has the draft nearly ready and is in the
process of reviewing it.  I expect that it should be
posted for to the IETF for WG review by the end of 
the week.

Cheers,
David

---

From: Alex Audu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:23:48 -0500

Lucent tables proposal to separate forwading from routing at the NGN.
They call the
idea the Soft Router concept.

Follow this link for further details.
.....................................................................................................................................

The Softrouter Concept and the Proposal for the Study of Separation of
Forwarding and Routing in the Next Generation Network
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/ngn/fgngn/docs/FGNGN-004-June04.doc
......................................................................................................................................

Regards,
Alex.