Subject: FW: Another clarification on the FE Model

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:46:46 -0700

Hi Folks
 
Sorry to trouble you again, but we (protocol team members) need another
clarification on the FE Model...
 
This is on a very basic issue, what does a LFB Instance signify ? Does
it signify one or more Tables on the FE for a particular functionality ?
or Does it signify an entry in a Table, such as an entry in a Meter
table ?
 
From my understanding of the Model and section 3 in the draft, I believe
the former to be the answer (one or more Tables) but there is another
view on this and a clarification from the Model team would be helpful.

Thanks a lot,
Hormuzd

---

From: Steven Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:56:49 -0400

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 13:46, Khosravi, Hormuzd M wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> Sorry to trouble you again, but we (protocol team members) need
> another clarification on the FE Model...
>
> it signify one or more Tables on the FE for a particular functionality
> ? or Does it signify an entry in a Table, such as an entry in a Meter
> table ?

What is unclear about the definitions on pp. 4-5 of model-03?

> From my understanding of the Model and section 3 in the draft, I
> believe the former to be the answer (one or more Tables) but there is
> another view on this and a clarification from the Model team would be
> helpful.

An LFB may access one or more tables that are configured by the ForCES
protocols.  But the LFB is an abstraction of the packet processing
operation plus its associated tables.

Regards,

// Steve