Subject: [issue28] Query and Query Response - LFB Instance addessing

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 18:23:48 +0000

New submission from Avri Doria <[email-masked]>:

6.6

     Editorial Note:
                        1.  Under discussion is whether there is a need
                            for explicit multiple LFB insatance
                            addressing here.  One way to realize it is
                            to define a specific Instance select TLV to
                            substitute above 'LFB Instance ID' field.
                            The TLV may have following format:

           INSselectTLV := Type Length Value
           Type := INSselect
           Value := InstanceID (RangeMark | Instance ID)+

                        2.  An applicable RangeMark is '0xffffffff', the
                            value of which is the same as Instance
                            broadcast ID.  Because there will be no
                            broadcast address applied in this place,
                            there will be no worry of ambiguity here.

----------
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-forces-protocol
messages: 45
nosy: avri
priority: Must fix
status: No discussion
title: Query and Query Response - LFB Instance addessing

___________________________________________________
Forces issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/forces/issue28>
___________________________________________________