Subject: [issue39] Protocol LFB - Heart Beat Dead Interval

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 18:57:58 +0000

New submission from Avri Doria <[email-masked]>:

C.3.2  HBDI

   This attribute carries the Heartbeat Dead Interval in millisecs.

   TBD:
C.3.2

   The original goal for HBDI was for HA purposes - to discover if the
   CE is still around by sending a heartbeat message to the CE with an
   ACK flag in the mainheader to request for a response.  This hasnt
   been discussed in details yet; however, the general view at the time
   was for the FE to associate (failover) to another CE after that
   deadinterval period of not hearing from the CE - as defined by policy
   which resides in that same LFB definition.  Two such failover
   methodologies are mentiooned briefly infact in the protocol draft but
   since the current attributes are unknown, the details are missing
   from the xml.

----------
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-forces-protocol
messages: 57
nosy: avri
priority: Must fix
status: No discussion
title: Protocol LFB - Heart Beat Dead Interval

___________________________________________________
Forces issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/forces/issue39>
___________________________________________________