Subject: From Qin Wang

From: Qin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:40:10 +0200

From Qin Wang
Lloyds TSB Pacific Limited 
Hong Kong Branch
Fax: +852-301-66259
                                                                       
Thank you for giving me your time. Please be patient and read my email   to you.

I am a staff of Lloyds TSB Group attached in Private Banking Services. I am contacting you 
concerning a customer and, an investment placed under our banks management 3 years ago, I 
contacted you independently of our investigation and no one is informed of this communication 
and I Would like to intimate you with certain facts that I believe would be of interest to you.

In 2000, the subject matter; ref: bb/tsb/bank/73 came to our bank to engage in business 
discussions with our Private Banking Services Department. He informed us that he had a 
financial portfolio of 8.35 million United States Dollars, which he wished to have us turn 
over on his behalf. I was the officer assigned to his case; I made numerous suggestions in 
line with my duties as the de-facto chief operations officer of the Private Banking Services 
Department, especially given the volume of funds he wished to put into our bank. We met on 
numerous occasions prior to any investments being placed. I encouraged him to consider various 
growth funds with prime ratings. The favored route in my advice to customers is to start by 
assessing data on 600 traditional stocks and bond managers and alternative investments. Based 
on my advice, we spun the money around various opportunities and made attractive margins for 
our first months of operation, the accrued profit and interest stood at this point at over 10 
million United States Dollars, this margin was not the full potential of the fund but he 
desired low risk guaranteed returns on investments. In mid 2001, he asked that the money be 
liquidated because he needed to make an urgent investment requiring cash payments in Europe. 
He directed that I liquidate the funds and had it deposited with a firm in Europe. I informed 
him that our bank would have to make special arrangements to have this done and in order not 
to circumvent due process, the bank would have to make a 9.5 % deduction from the funds to 
cater for banking and statutory charges. He complained about the charges but later came around 
when I explained to him the complexities of the task he was asking of us. Cash movement across 
borders has become especially strict since the incidents of 9/11. 

I contacted my affiliate in Europe and had the funds available in main land Europe. I 
undertook all the processes and made sure I followed his precise instructions to the letter 
and had the funds deposited in a security consultancy firm, the firm is a specialist private 
firm that accepts deposits from high net worth individuals and blue chip corporations that 
handle valuable products or undertake transactions that need immediate access to cash. This 
small and highly private organization is familiar especially to the highly placed and Well-
connected organizations. In line with instructions, the money was deposited. He told me he 
wanted the money there in anticipation of his arrival from Norway later that week. This was 
the last communication we had, this transpired around 20th  June 2002. In June last year, we 
got a call from the security firm informing us of the inactivity of that particular portfolio. 
This was an astounding position as far as I was concerned, given the fact that I managed the 
private banking sector I was the only one who knew about the deposit, and I could not 
understand why he had not come forward to claim his deposit.

 I made futile efforts to locate him I immediately passed the task of locating him to the 
internal investigations department of our bank. Four days later, information started to 
trickle in, that he was apparently dead. A person who suited his description was declared dead 
of a heart attack in Cannes, South of France. We were soon enough able to identify the body 
and cause of death was confirmed. The bank immediately launched an investigation into possible 
surviving next of kin to alert about the situation and also to come forward to claim his 
estate. If you are familiar with private banking affairs, those who patronize our services 
usually prefer anonymity, but also some levels of detachment from conventional processes. In 
his bio-data form, he listed no next of kin. In the field of private banking, opening an 
account with us means no one will know of its existence, accounts are rarely held under a name 
depositors use numbers and codes to make the accounts anonymous. This bank also gives the 
choice to depositors of having their mail sent to them or held at the bank itself, ensuring 
that there are no traces of the account and as I said, rarely do they nominate next of kin. 
Private banking clients apart from not nominating next of kin also usually in most cases leave 
wills in our care, in this case; he died in testate.

What I wish to relate to you will smack of unethical practice but I want you to understand 
something. It is only an outsider to the banking world who finds the internal politics of the 
banking world aberrational. The world of private banking especially is fraught with huge 
rewards for those who occupy certain offices and oversee certain portfolios. You should have 
begun by now to put together the general direction of what I propose. There is US$ 
8,370,000.00 deposited, I alone have the deposit details and they will release the deposit to 
no one unless I instruct them to do so. I alone know of the existence of this deposit for as 
far as the finance firm, the transaction with our deceased customer concluded when I sent the 
funds to the firm, all outstanding interactions in relation to the file are just customer 
services and due process. The finance firm has no single idea of what's the history or nature 
of the deposit. They are simply awaiting instructions to release the deposit to any party that 
comes forward. This is the situation. This bank has spent great amounts of money trying to 
track this man's family; they have investigated for months and have found no family. The 
investigation has come to an end.

 My proposal ,  you share similar details to the late fellow  I am prepared to place you in a 
position to instruct the finance firm to release the deposit to you as the closest surviving 
relation. Upon receipt of the deposit, I am prepared to share the money with you in half and 
no more. That is: I will simply nominate you as the next of kin and have them release the 
deposit to you. We share the proceeds 50/50. I would have gone ahead to ask the funds be 
released to me, but that would have drawn a straight line to me and my involvement in claiming 
the deposit. But on the other hand, you with a similar name as the original depositor would 
easily pass as the beneficiary with the rights to claim. I assure you that I could have the 
deposit released to you in a few days. I will simply inform our bank of the final closing of 
the file relating to the customer. I will then officially communicate with the finance company 
and instruct them to release the deposit to you. With these two things: all is done.

The alternative would be for us to have the firm direct the funds to another bank with you as 
accountholder. This way there will be no need for you to think of receiving the money from the 
firm. We can fine-tune this based on our interactions. I am aware of the consequences of this 
proposal. I ask that if you find no interest in this project that you should discard this 
mail. I ask that you do not be vindictive or destructive. If my offer is of no appeal to you, 
delete this message and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you do 
not approve of my proposal. You may not know this but people like myself who have made tidy 
sums out of comparable situations run the whole private banking sector. I am not a criminal 
and what I do, I do not find against good conscience, this may be hard for you to understand, 
but the dynamics of my industry dictates that I make this move. Such opportunities only come 
ones' way once in a lifetime. I cannot let this chance pass me by

I hope you understand because for once I found myself in total control and face to face with 
my destiny. These chances won't pass me by. I ask that you do not destroy my chance, if you 
will not work with me let me know and let me move on with my life but do not destroy me. I am 
a family man and this is an opportunity to provide them with new opportunities. There is a 
reward for this project and it is a task well worth undertaking. I have evaluated the risks 
and the only risk I have here is from you refusing to work with me and alerting my bank. I am 
the only one who knows of this situation, good fortune has blessed you with a name that has 
planted you into the center of relevance in my life. Let's share the blessing.

If you give me positive signals, I will initiate this process towards a conclusion. I wish to 
inform you that should you contact me via official channels; I will deny knowing you and about 
this project. I repeat, I do not want you contacting me through my official phone lines nor do 
I want you contacting me through my official email account. Contact me only through this email 
address ([email-masked])

I do not want any direct link between you and me. My official lines are not secure lines as 
they are periodically monitored to assess our level of customer care in line with our Total 
Quality Management Policy.

Please observe this instruction religiously. Please, again, note I am a family man; I happily 
married with two kids. I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the 
consequences might be, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that 
success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold. This is the one truth I have 
learned from my private banking clients. Do not betray my confidence. If we can be of one 
accord, we should plan a meeting, soon.

I await your response.

Sincerely,

Qin Wang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free|access - pripojeni k internetu zdarma na kterem vydelas
Pripoj se k internetu zdarma pres free|access a ziskej vyhody, ktere jinde nedostanes!

www.freeaccess.cz