Subject: [forces] Updated Protocol draft

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:51:53 -0400

Folks,
A new draft has been uploaded for the protocol extensions.
Its small - please read and comment.

What has changed since last time?

a) As agreed at the meeting this draft (and the model extension one)
is adopted by the WG
b) The APPEND work item did not get consensus at the meeting
and has therefore been removed.
c) The Bitmap work item did not get consensus at the meeting and
has therefore been removed.
d) The idea of a new extended Result TLV has been dropped as well.
Instead we recommend to use the current RESULT TLV and make use
of some of the reserved fields. It will be helpful to get any comments
on the sanity of this suggestion. We are planning to implement in the
next few days.

#b is done for expediency because the WG has to deliver the document.
We are already late. I do plan in the future to submit another draft to argue
for that and other things - but for now it may be counter-productive for
progress.

cheers,
jamal

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Subject: [forces] I-D Action: draft-ietf-forces-protoextension-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Forwarding and Control Element
Separation Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : ForCES Protocol Extensions
        Author(s)       : Jamal Hadi Salim
        Filename        : draft-ietf-forces-protoextension-00.txt
        Pages           : 9
        Date            : 2013-09-16

Abstract:
   Experience in implementing and deploying ForCES architecture has
   demonstrated need for a few small extensions both to ease
   programmability and to improve wire efficiency of some transactions.
   This document describes a few extensions to the ForCES Protocol
   Specification [RFC5810] semantics to achieve that end goal.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-protoextension

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-forces-protoextension-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
forces mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces