Subject: (FRNETMIB) Doubts Regarding RFC 2954

From: "Anugeetha Kunjithapatham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:36:19 +0530

Hi,

This is regarding the latest Frame Relay Service MIB.(RFC 2954)
While i was reading through the RFC 2954 I got a few doubts, I would be
glad if you could clarify them.

1. In the FrMgtVCSigTable, there is an entry called SigProced.
Unlike the RFC 1604, here SigProced takes three values u2nnet, bidirect
and u2nuser. Since In section 2.1 (the scope of MIB), it has been
specified that
this MIB will Not be implemented on User Equipment, I understand this
RFC 2954 is for a Network Switch.
SigProced takes the value u2nuser when the switch performs user to
network procedure in the role of the user side. A network switch is
expected to do network side procedures alone or both user and network
side procedures, it cannot do the user side procedures alone.
So what is the significance of having the value u2nuser here?

2. In FrLportTable, there are 2 new entries frLportTypeAdmin and
frLportVCSigProtocolAdmin. Similarly i find there are a few new entries
in FrMgtVCSigTable like frMgtVCSigProcedAdmin, frMgtVCSigUserN391Admin
etc..
In general, am not clear with the necessity of introducing those new
entries.

For Instance, frLportType is the value that identifies the type of
network interface for this logical port. For frLportTypeAdmin, the
description given is :the value of this object desired identifies the
type of network interface for this logical port. How is it different
from the frLportType?
Could u please tell me in more detail about this ?

It would be very helpful, if you could clarify me on these as soon as
possible.
Eagerly waiting for your reply,
Thanking you,

Regards,
Anugeetha K