Subject: Ftp-WG: Re: Junk mail on ftp-wg

From: Paul Hethmon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 10:22:08 -0400

** Reply to note from FTPEXT Working Group <[email-masked]> Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:40:46 -0400

> How about allowing some members to be set NOMAIL, as in the LISTSERV 
> mailing lists? This way, people with multiple mail adresses can 
> subscribe from each address and only receive mail through one of 
> them.

You can do this now by adding your address to the post only list
using the "post" command instead of "sub". However this doesn't solve
the problem that anyone must be able to post to the list without
going through a subscription process.

Paul

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Hethmon                                         [email-masked]
Inet.Mail Internet Mail Server                     http://www.hethmon.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author   "Illustrated Guide to HTTP"   http://www.manning.com/Hethmon?882
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warpstock    --    Tune In! & Warp Out!    --    http://www.warpstock.org