Subject: Ftp-WG: more explicit Ftp archive links

From: Pat LaVarre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:19:47 -0500

I now possess more explicit Ftp-WG archive links; if
you see this, then so do you:

> my .zip reader choked over the last few files of
> "http://w3.hethmon.com/ftpext/zips/"

1) We trust you to think to try viewing each file as
plain text, rather than trying only to view each file
as if it were zipped, via a protocol that distorts
your view as commonly as does http.  Often a zipped
file viewed as plain text begins "PK".

"ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-NN.txt.Z"
> ... Go back far enough
> ... the "summary of what changed in this draft" 
> ... directory listing ... long ...

2) The free binaries of Cygwin `gunzip` have been seen
to decrypt this standard Unix .Z `compress`ion.

3) We mean the quasi-Url here as a summary of
ftp://... Url's, not the ftp://... Url of a summary. 
Sufficiently brain-dead browsers will cope better if
you try the series:

...
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-14.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-13.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-12.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-11.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-10.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-09.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-08.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-07.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-06.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-05.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-04.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-03.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-02.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-01.txt.Z
ftp://munnari.oz.au/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-00.txt.Z

> you ... don't need to go back too far
> to get the "summary of what changed in this draft"
> section in the abstract

4) You have to go back no further than the mlst-09
draft of December, 1999.

Pat LaVarre

P.S. As yet, munnari.oz.au:21 replies 500 to FEAT.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

---

From: "Mark Symons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:39:37 -0500

> P.S. As yet, munnari.oz.au:21 replies 500 to FEAT.

Yes, it does.

Try port 9000.

Mark Symons
Ipswitch, Inc
Augusta GA

---

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:26:50 -0500

Date:        Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:19:47 -0500
    From:        Pat LaVarre <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | P.S. As yet, munnari.oz.au:21 replies 500 to FEAT.

It does on the standard FTP port, yes, that's a fairly old ftpd.
There is a test server on a different port that anyone seriously testing
a client can be aimed at (send me off list mail).

That particular munnari.oz.au (the hardware under it) won't be munnari
much longer, after it swaps, the new one will support feat on the
standard server (and mlst, etc).

kre