Subject: Re: [ftpext] BEHAVE WGLC of draft-ietf-behave-ftp64-03

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 13:15:35 +0200

On 13 jun 2010, at 7:02, Anthony Bryan wrote:

> The first time you use ALG, you want to be clear what it stands for.

Ok.

> The following sentence sounds weird. Should "so in EPRT translation is
> supported" be "so if EPRT translation is supported"?

You're right.

> NEW
> If the client issues the AUTH command, then the client is attempting
> to negotiate [RFC2228] security mechanisms which are likely to be
> incompatible with the FTP ALG function.

Ok.

> OLD
> "Note that if multiple clients are using the IPv6-to-IPv4 to..."

> The IPv6-to-IPv4 what?

Changed to "the same IPv6-to-IPv4 translator".

> NEW?
> The main rationale for ignoring the IPv4 address in the 227 response,
> even if the client has IPv4 connectivity, is that most servers will
> only allow a data connection from the same client address as seen in
> the control channel connection. (See [Bernstein]).

I changed this to:

The main rationale for ignoring the IPv4 address in the 227 response is that, even if the client has IPv4 connectivity, most servers will only allow a data connection from the same client address as seen in the control channel connection. See <xref target="Bernstein" />.

Iljitsch