Subject: [ftpext] OPTS UTF8 needs work (...probably in FTPEXT2)

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:42:55 +0300

Hello,

I've recently found the draft of FTPEXT WG: 
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ftpext-utf-8-option-00.txt.  It 
specifies the mechanism to negotiate the use of UTF-8 encoded pathnames 
in FTP.  To my knowledge, this option is currently implemented by many 
applications, but still remain undocumented.  In order to fill this gap, 
I'd like to propose the FTPEXT2 WG to undertake the effort to reopen the 
work on the document.  Any thoughts?

Mykyta Yevstifeyev

---

From: "William F. Maton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:47:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mytyka,

 	You are correct, this is one of two I-D's that Gregory drafted 
a long time ago (the other one is I think unrelated).   I'm in contact 
with him sporadically so I'll ask if he has anything he'd like to add to 
it.

Thanks,

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:

> http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ftpext-utf-8-option-00.txt.  It specifies 
> the mechanism to negotiate the use of UTF-8 encoded pathnames in FTP.  To my 
> knowledge, this option is currently implemented by many applications, but 
> still remain undocumented.  In order to fill this gap, I'd like to propose 
> the FTPEXT2 WG to undertake the effort to reopen the work on the document. 
> Any thoughts?
>
> Mykyta Yevstifeyev
> _______________________________________________
> ftpext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ftpext
>

wfms