Subject: [Geojson] we're making progress!

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:50:04 -0800

hello all.

it seems that we're getting close to the finish line, so we looked a bit 
at where we are and what needs to be done so that we can publish a next 
version (-01), which we would probably want to mark as "last call" and 
get feedback from the wider community.

the goal is to close the remaining issues within the next month. going 
forward, let's please use the github issues *only* for tracking issues, 
and let's use *the mailing list* for issue discussions.

we currently have 7 open issues:

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues

we think that 64, 114, 125, and 129 are probably easy ones that either 
can be closed right now, or only need some editorial action.

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/64: If/How to support 
JSON Text Sequence serialization

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/114: Media type

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/125: Add a "Changes to 
pre-spec Version" Appendix

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/129: Can a 
FeatureCollection/GeometryCollection be empty?

anybody thinking otherwise, please let us know.

the remaining issues may need a little bit more discussion, and these 
are the ones we should focus our energy on. anybody having inputs for 
any of those, please speak up.

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/47: Document best 
practice for polar bounding boxes

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/95: (No) Version

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/97: Support Profiles

of those, it seems that 47 is a rather specific technical (but 
important) issue, whether 95 and 97 are more general design 
considerations. for both of those, we have the options of not doing 
anything (the original spec was silent on both), or just adding 
non-normative language about how GeoJSON thinks that versioning and 
extensions are going to happen.

kind regards,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked] |
            | http://dret.net/netdret    |
            | http://twitter.com/dret    |