Subject: [Geojson] Concluding the geojson working group

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 22:59:12 +0200

All,

The work that we have agreed to do has now been published.  Thanks to
everyone for their effort on getting RFCs 7946 and 8142 published.

This actually concludes the work that we agreed to do in the charter.
After talking to Sean and Erik who are interested in continued work on
geojson (specifically, events), we decided that that work isn't yet
mature enough to work on within this working group.  Rather than leave
the working group dormant in the hopes that work would continue, we
will instead take new work to one of the many paths toward publication
that are available to us.

Thus, this working group will be officially closed shortly.

This is largely a procedural step.  We will not be closing this
mailing list.  There have been a few questions and some occasional
discussion here and we don't want to lose that.  This list can be used
as a venue for discussing new geojson-related work if people are still
interested.

It's been a pleasure, and thanks again for your efforts.

--Martin