Subject: Info

From: "Antonio Fresa (ERI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 16:28:03 +0200

Hi, just a question about the history of the location issue at IETF.
I have seen that at the 48th IETF there was a BOF regarding spatial location. 
If I read the notes of this BOF I assume that there was a general consensus to go ahead.
Now I see there is a new BOF (your geopriv) regarding more or less the same isuue. Is this a continuation of the previous one ?
What about the SLOP protocol ?
Thank you very much in advance
Antonio Fresa

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:28:44 -0500

Antonio 

Sorry this is late

"Spatial" ran into some real Privacy concerns and deemed not appropriate given
its Charter didn't have Security as its foremost thought. A Location group not
having Security considerations be its first priority... shame on them.....  :-)

Hence its replacement: GEOPRIV 

that will have the requester authenticated with a mandatory to implement
philosophy... and there are two new Chairs.

Oh.... and this is already a full Working Group, I believe

At 04:28 PM 7/2/2001 +0200, Antonio Fresa (ERI) wrote:
>Now I see there is a new BOF (your geopriv) regarding more or less the same 
>isuue. Is this a continuation of the previous one ?

*************************************
"People generally demand more respect for their own rights than they are
willing to allow for others"

James M. Polk
Consulting Engineer
Office of the CTO

Cisco Systems
18581 N. Dallas Parkway
Dallas, Texas 75287
w) 972.813.5208
f)  972.813.5280
www.cisco.com