Subject: RE: Terminology

From: John Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:33:25 -0500

At 06:14 PM 12/12/01 -0500, Rosen, Brian wrote:
><snip>.
>
>One of the key things I think you should do is to eliminate the word "mobile".
>There should be no reference to anything mobile in this work except for
>scenarios.  It has to work in a mobile system, but it also has to work as well
>in a fixed system.  It has to work in an enterprise, in a hospital and in 
>a home
>as well as in a carrier network.

Absolutely right. John

---

From: John W Noerenberg II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:57:31 -0700

At 6:33 PM -0500 12/12/01, John Morris wrote:
>>in a fixed system.  It has to work in an enterprise, in a hospital 
>>and in a home

(uh - them's Brian's words <grin>)

"Mobile" carries some extra baggage.  That's clear.  I hope my more 
explicit definition helps.

best,

jwn2