Subject: defining the target for an extreme situation

From: Dante Castiglione <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:42:17 -0300

Ricardo Cuellar wrote:

>In an extreme case, I can make a phone call to some trusted
>location server and, using a certain password or whatever, I may tell
>the server that now I am at this or that other place. My location
>information does not necessarily depend on some mechanical device
>measuring the position of a target *device*. Perhaps I am just entering
>a pin code everytime I enter a new region of an airport or a hospital.

I think this is a very good example of a situation that allows us to tell
the difference between a 'real' target, and a gadget. IMHO, we should not
overlook this; we cannot even start to imagine the uses that location will
allow. And such a conceptual mistake, can be later be very costly to
overcome.

Kind regards and a happy new year,

Dante

Dante Castiglione
Presidente
UBICAT S.A.

[email-masked]