Subject: [Geopriv] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:57:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Geopriv requirements
	Author(s)	: J. Cuellar, J. Morris, D. Mulligan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-04.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2003-10-21
	
Location-based services, navigation applications, emergency
services, management of equipment in the field, and other location-
dependent services need geographic location information about a
Target (such as a user, resource or other entity).  There is a need
to securely gather and transfer location information for location
services, while at the same time protecting the privacy of the
individuals involved.
This document focuses on the authorization, security and privacy
requirements for such location-dependent services.  Specifically, it
describes the requirements for the Geopriv Location Object (LO) and
for the protocols that use this Location Object.  This LO is
envisioned to be the main object defined by the Geopriv WG, used in
all Geopriv exchanges and in particular used to securely transfer
location data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.